Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Bob Maar's Joke-A-Thon   » Martini's (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Martini's
Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 12-07-2004 02:36 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G [Smile] Warning

Martinis don't pull punches.

Never drink and drive, never promise anything to anyone after the second drink and don't try to set your martini on fire.

|  IP: Logged

Bob Maar

- posted 12-07-2004 02:40 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G [Smile]

"I think I had it in the back of my mind that I wanted to sound like a dry martini.

--Paul Desmond of the Dave Brubeck Quartet when asked about the sound of his Sax.

Bob Maar

- posted 12-07-2004 02:43 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G [Big Grin]

"All I ever did was supply a demand that was pretty popular."

--Al capone bootlegger/gangster

Bob Maar

- posted 12-07-2004 02:46 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G [Smile]

"Martinis......have a muting effect on the constant ringing in my ears, and as five o'clock approaches, my thoughts turn toward the elixir of quietude. Gin stops the bell from tolling."

E.B. White

Bob Maar

- posted 12-07-2004 02:49 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G [Smile]

"What hit me?" asked Nora charles

"That last martini." SAYS Nick Charles

From the movie The Thin Man

Bob Maar

- posted 12-08-2004 08:54 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G [Smile]

"So, when he looked down into his martini, he was put into a trance by dancing myriads of winking eyes on the surface of his drink. The eyes were beads of lemon oil."

--Kurt Vonnegut,Jr. Breakfast of Champions

Bob Maar

- posted 12-08-2004 08:57 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G [Smile]

"The three martini lunch is the epitome of American efficency. Where else can you get an earful, a bellyful, and a snootful at the same time."

Gerald Ford

Bob Maar

- posted 12-08-2004 09:01 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G [Smile]

" Yes, but my martini is still dry.

My name is James."

--James Bond, in the movie Never Say Never Again.

Bob Maar

- posted 12-09-2004 10:03 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G [Smile]

"All the charming and beautiful things, from the song of songs to bouillabaisse, and from the nine Beethoven symphonies to the martini cocktail, have been given to humanity by men who, when the hour came, turned from tap water to something with color in it, and more of it than mere oxygen and hydrogen."

--H.L. Mencken

Bob Maar

- posted 12-09-2004 10:07 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G [Smile]

"You can no more keep a martini in the refrigerator than you can keep a kiss there. The proper union of gin and vermouth is...one of the happiest marriages on earth, and one of the shortest lived."

--Bernard De Voto

[ 08-16-2005, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Bob Maar ]

Bob Maar

- posted 12-09-2004 10:10 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G [Smile]

"If the Lord hadn't intended us to have a three martini-lunch, then why do you suppose He put all those olive trees in the Holy Land?"

--Former House Speaker Jim Wright

Bob Maar

- posted 12-09-2004 10:14 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G [Smile]

McMurphy: "That's right Mr. Martini, there is an Easter Bunny."

From the movie One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Bob Maar

- posted 12-09-2004 10:18 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G [Smile]

"After the first glass you see things as you wish they were. After the second, you see things as they are not. Finally you see things as they really are, and that is the mosy horrible thing in the world."

--Oscar Wilde, on absinthe

Bob Maar

- posted 12-09-2004 10:37 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G [Smile]

"It is cold on the stomach."

Stalin, on FDR's martini, at the 1943 Teheran Conference

Bob Maar

- posted 12-09-2004 10:39 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G [Smile]

"....America's lethal weapon."

Nikita Khrushchev, on the even stronger martini Eisenhower gave him.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: