Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Bob Maar's Joke-A-Thon   » Mischievous Theatre Pranks to Play on Competitors

Author Topic: Mischievous Theatre Pranks to Play on Competitors
Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 12-08-2002 01:53 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know what your thinking. "Oh, Dear." ... [Eek!]

Rated PG.. Or X if your a Pacific Theatres Employee [Big Grin]

First let me say that I don't personally recomend this to anyone. This is just for a fun "what if" kind of thing. I have not, nor do I intend to actually do this. Anyway....

TARGET: PACIFIC THEATRES
JOB: MANGLED POLICY TRAILER

BACKGROUND:
If any of you have visited a Pacific Theatres location over the past 5 years, You have probably seen there policy trailer, which a simply a voice over a black background saying the following:

"Thank You for making Pacific Theatres your first choice in movie entertainment. In consideration of others, Please refrain from talking."

THE PRANK:
Obtain one of the trailers. Make freinds with a disgruntled Pacific projectionist who "is going to quit anyway" and get his help in doing this.

Once you have obtained the policy trailer, pull out the splicer and get ready for some fun. Because the policy is just voice without music, it is easy to see where each word the announcer reads begins and ends on the analog optical track. Splice the trailer into the following chunks:

"Thank You for --- making Pacific Theatres your first choice in movie entertainment. --- In consideration of others, Please refrain from --- talking."

Now, re-assemble it like this:

Thank You for --- talking. --- In consideration of others, Please refrain from --- making Pacific Theatres your first choice in movie entertainment.

If you want, you can drag a sharpie down the dolby track on the side of the film, to ensure that the analog trac is what is heared, However it should not make a difference, because most pacifics have their automation set up in such a way that only the feature is presented in digital sound.

Now neatly spool the trailer back up, and return it to wherever you found it. Imagine the audience reaction when they hear:

"Thank You for talking. In consideration of others, Please refrain from making Pacific Theatres your first choice in movie entertainment."

[evil] [evil] [evil] [evil] [evil]

[EDITED: Removed information on how to break into a Pacific projection booth, due to the bombings in Bangladesh, and besides, posting info like that is probably in poor taste anyway. My bad.]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: