Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Bob Maar's Joke-A-Thon   » Religion (Page 1)

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  43  44  45 

Author Topic: Religion
Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2001 05:54 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, a Priest and a Rabbi are the best of friends but they are always in competition with each other. The Rabbi's congregation buys him a $400,000 home, so the Priest's congregation buys him a $500,000 home. So it finally comes down to cars. The Rabbi's congregation buys him a $75,000 car, and the Priest's congregation buys him a $100,000 car. But then, the Priest thinks that he is going to have the ultimate one-upsmanship, and procedes to Baptize his car. The Rabbi witnesses this act, stops and thinks a minute, goes to his toolshed, gets a tinsnip, and procedes to cut 6in. off his car's tailpipe!

|  IP: Logged

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 06-28-2001 09:34 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G

What is God?

Once there was a little boy. He was curious about God so he went and asked his mother. "Mommy, is God a man or a woman?" His mother replied, "God is both a man and a woman."

"Mommy, is God black or white?" His mother replied, "God is both black and white."

Mommy, is God gay or straight?" His mother was somewhat shocked at his question, but she answered anyway, "God is both gay and straight."

The little boy nodded with understanding. "Mommy, is God Michael Jackson?"

Bob Maar

- posted 06-29-2001 08:24 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G

Pennies from Heaven

Little Jimmy was lying on a hillock in the middle of a meadow on a warm spring day. Puffy white clouds rolled by and he pondered their shape. Soon, he began to think about God.

"God? Are you really there?" Jimmy said out loud.

To his astonishment a voice came from the clouds.

"Yes, Jimmy? What can I do for you?"

Seizing the opportunity, Jimmy asked, "God? What is a million years like to you?"

Knowing that Jimmy could not understand the concept of infinity, God responded in a manner to which Jimmy could relate, "A million years to me, Jimmy, is like a minute."

"Oh," said Jimmy. "Well, then, what's a million dollars like to you?"

"A million dollars to me, Jimmy, is like a penny."

"Wow!" remarked Jimmy, getting an idea. "You're so generous, can I have one of your pennies?"

God replied, "Sure thing, Jimmy! Just a minute."

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-29-2001 03:44 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated R

This little gem was given to me by a good friend who happened to be a U.S.A.F. Chaplain!

THE NEW PRIEST

The new Priest was so nervous at his first mass he could hardly speak. Before his second appearance in the pulpit, he asked the Monsignor how he could relax. The Monsignor said, "Next Sunday it may help if you put some vodka in the water pitcher: after a few sips, everything should go smoothly." So, next Sunday the new Priest put the suggestion into practice and was able to talk up a storm! He felt great! However, upon returning to the rectory, he found a note from the Monsignor with the following suggestions:

1: next time sip rather than gulp
2: there are Ten Commandments, not twelve
3: there are Twelve Disciples, not ten
4: we do not refer to the Cross as the "BIG-T"
5: the recommended Grace before a meal is not "rub-a-dub-dub, thanks for the grub, yeah GOD!"
6: do not refer to our Saviour, Jesus Christ and his Apostles as "J.C. and the Boys!"
7: David slew Goliath, he did not "kick the shit out of him!"
8: the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are never referred to as "Big Daddy, Junior and the Spook!"
9: It is always the Virgin Mary, never "Mary with the Cherry!"
10: last, but certainly not least, next Wednesday there will be a "taffy-pulling contest at St. Peters," not a "Peter-Pulling contest at St. Taffy's."!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Bob Maar

- posted 06-30-2001 10:33 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G Buddist

So the Zen master steps up to the hot dog cart and says, "Make me one with everything."

The hot dog vendor fixes a hot dog and hands it to the Zenmaster, who pays with a $20 bill.

The hot dog vendor puts the bill in the cash drawer and closes the drawer.

"Where's my change?" asks the Zen master. The hot dog vendor responds, "Change must come from within."   

Bob Maar

- posted 07-02-2001 08:04 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G Religon

There was a guy named Jimmy, and his town was being drowned by a flood.

When the water was around his ankles, a fire truck came by saying, "Yo, Jimmy, need a lift?"

"No, no, I'm fine God will save me." The fire truck left.

As the water reached his ribs a coast guard came by saying,"Jimmy! Need a lift?" "No! God will save me!"

The coast guard went away.

When the water had reached Jimmy's head, a helicopter flew overhead. The driver shouted, "Jimmy! C'mon, I'll take u to safety!"

"That's all right! God is bound to save me now!"

The helicopter flew away.

Jimmy died.

When he went to heaven, Jimmy asked God, "God, why didn't you save me?"

God answers, "I sent you a fire truck, a coast guard, and a helicopter, what more do you want?!"

Bob Maar

- posted 07-02-2001 08:19 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated PG

A minister, a priest, and a rabbi went for a hike one day.

It was very hot. They were sweating and exhausted when they came upon a small lake.

Since it was fairly secluded, they took off all their clothes and jumped in the water.

Feeling refreshed, the trio decided to pick a few berries while enjoying their "freedom."

As they were crossing an open area, who should come along but a group of ladies from town.

Unable to get their clothes in time, the minister and the priest covered their privates and the rabbi covered his face while they ran for cover.

After the ladies had left and the men got their clothes back on,the minister and the priest asked the rabbi why he covered his face rather than his privates.

The rabbi replied, "I don't know about you, but in MY congregation, it's my face they would recognize!"

Bob Maar

- posted 07-03-2001 06:13 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G

With all due respect to our American families but, as Canadians what can we
say !! This was received from a Canadian Cousin.

An American decided to write a book about famous churches around the world. For his first chapter he decided to write about American churches. So he bought a plane ticket and took a trip to Orlando, thinking that he would work his way across the country from South to North.

On his first day he was inside a church taking photographs when he noticed a golden telephone mounted on the wall with a sign that read "$10,000 per call". The American, being intrigued, asked a priest who was strolling by what the telephone was used for. The priest replied that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 you could talk to God.

The American thanked the priest and went along his way. Next stop was in Atlanta. There, at a very large cathedral, he saw the same golden telephone with the same sign under it. He wondered if this was the same kind of telephone he saw in Orlando and he asked a nearby nun what its purpose was. She told him that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 he could talk to God. "O.K., thank you," said the American.

He then traveled to Indianapolis, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Boston, New York and Burlington. In every church he saw the same golden telephone with the same "$10,000 per call" sign under it.

The American, upon leaving Vermont saw a sign for Canada and decided to see if Canadians had the same phone. He arrived in Montreal, and again, there was the same golden telephone, but this time the sign under it read "10  cents per call." The American was surprised so he asked the priest about the sign.
"
Father, I've traveled all over America and I've seen this same golden telephone in many churches. I'm told that it is a direct line to heaven, but in every state the price was $10,000 per call.

Why is it so cheap here?

The priest smiled and answered, "You're in Canada now son, it's a local call

Bob Maar

- posted 07-05-2001 07:56 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G

Kids And The Bible

This comes from a Catholic elementary school. Kids were asked questions about the Old and New Testaments. The following statements about the Bible were written by children. They have not been retouched or corrected (i.e., incorrect spelling has been left in.) Enjoy.

In the first book of the bible, Guinessis, God got tired of creating the world, so he took the Sabbath off.

Adam and Eve were created from an apple tree. Noah's wife was called Joan of Ark. Noah built an ark, which the animals come on to in pears.

Lot's wife was a pillar of salt by day, but a ball of fire by night.

The Jews were a proud people and throughout history they had trouble with the unsympathetic Genitals.

Samson was a strongman who let himself be led astray by a Jezebel like Delilah.

Samson slayed the Philistines with the axe of the Apostles.

Moses led the hebrews to the Red Sea, where they made unleavened bread which is bread without any ingredients.

The Egyptians were all drowned in the dessert. Afterwards, Moses went up on Mount Cyanide to get the ten ammendments.

The first commandment was when Eve told adam to eat the apple.

The seventh commandment is thou shalt not admit adultery.

Moses died before he ever reached Canada. Then Joshua led the Hebrews in the battle of Geritol.

The greatest miracle in the Bible is when Joshua told his son to stand still and he obeyed him.

David was a hebrew king skilled at playing the liar. He fought with the Finklesteins, a race of people who lived in Biblical times.

Solomon, one of David's sons, had 300 wives and 700 porcupines.

When Mary heard that she was the mother of Jesus, she sang the Magna Carta.

When the three wise guys from the east side arrived, they found Jesus in the manager.

Jesus was born because Mary had an immaculate contraption.

St. John the blacksmith dumped water on his head.

Jesus enunciated the Golden Rule, which says to do one to others before they do one to you. He also explained, "a man doth not live by sweat alone." It was a miracle when Jesus rose from the dead and managed to get the tombstone off the entrance.

The people who followed the lord were called the 12 decibels.

The epistles were the wives of the apostles.

One of the oppossums was St. Matthew who was also a taximan.

St. Paul cavorted to Christianity. He preached holy acrimony, which is another name for marriage.

Christians have only one spouse. This is called monotony.

Bob Maar

- posted 07-05-2001 09:28 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated PG

Way down in the deep south, in an area known as the 'Bible Belt,' there lived a Baptist minister with a very large congregation.

One morning,after a particularly moving sermon, he announced, "Friends I have been hearing very nasty rumors!"

The crowd fell into an expectant silence.

The Minister continued, "One of you, here among us, has been reporting that I am a member of the dreaded 'Klu Klux Klan.' This, of course, is not true! I am asking that the guilty party confess and apologize now - right here - before my flock of loyal followers."

Sister Margaret quickly stood up and pleaded, "Preacher, please, I don't know how this all came to be. I just mentioned to one of my close friendst hat you were a wizard under the sheets."   

Bob Maar

- posted 07-07-2001 09:35 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated R

There was a boy standing on a corner selling fish.

He was saying, "Dam fish for sale, dam fish for sale."

A preacher walked up and asked why he was calling them dam fish.

The kid said, "I caught them at the dam, so they're dam fish."

The preacher bought some, took them home and asked his wife to cook the dam fish. His wife looked at him in bewilderment and said, "Preachers aren't supposed to talk like that."

he preacher explained why they were dam fish, and she agreed to cook them.

When dinner was ready and everyone was sitting down, the preacher asked his son to pass him the dam fish.

His son replied, "That's the spirit dad. Pass the fucking potatoes!"   

Bob Maar

- posted 07-10-2001 07:59 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G

There are three ministers out near a river bank fishing. It's a Baptist preacher, a Methodist preacher, and a Pentacostal preacher. They are silent until the Methodist begins to speak.

Methodist: "Brothers, I have a problem. I don't know who to go to because it's such a serious matter. I'm afraid I'll get kicked out of my church."

Pentacostal: "Brother if you can't talk to us about a problem, then you can't go to anyone. Please, tell us what your problem is."

Methodist: "Well, I have a very serious problem with lust. I'm up behind the pulpit and I see down at those gorgeous women and I lust after them. I have unpure, unclean thoughts about them all the time. I even have a mistress that I see three times a week. She is Dr. Smith's wife. We meet at the motel in the next town. I don't know what to do!"

Pentacostal: "Oh brother, I know what you are talking about, I have a problem with greed. Every chance that I get, I take money from the offerings at my church. I confiscate the tithes and put them in my bank account. I don't know what to do about that either...Brothers, pray for me."

Methodist: "Brother, we will pray for you. If you ever need anyone to talk to you can come to us. Isn't that right Brother?

(Baptist)The Baptist quietly got in a boat and began rowing with urgency. Pentacostal and Methodist preachers ask the Baptist, "Brother? Where areyou going? Baptist: "Brothers, I have a very serious problem too! My problem is gossip. I can't keep a thing to myself for more than 5 minutes!"

Bob Maar

- posted 07-10-2001 08:38 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G

Walking home with a hangover one Sunday morning, a man discovered he'd lost his hat.

He decided the easiest way to replace it was to go to church and steal one from the cloakroom.

Once inside, he heard a sermon on the Ten Commandments. After the sermon, he said to the minister, "I want you to know that you saved me from crime. I came here to steal a hat, but after hearing you, I decided not to."

"Wonderful," said the minister. "What did I say that changed your mind?"

"Well," said the man, "when you got to the part about committing adultery, I remembered where I left my hat."

Bob Maar

- posted 07-10-2001 09:13 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G

A little boy was afraid of the dark. One night his mother told him to go out to the back porch and bring her the broom.

The little boy turned to his mother and said, "Mama, I don't want to go out there. It's dark."

The mother smiled reassuringly at her son. "You don't have to be afraid ofthe dark," she explained. "Jesus is out there. He'll look after you and protect you." T

he little boy looked at his mother real hard and asked,"Are you sure he's out there?" "Yes, I'm sure. He is everywhere, and he is always ready to help you when you need him," she said.

The little boy thought about that for a minute and then went to the back door and cracked it a little. Peering out into the darkness, he called, "Jesus?

If you're out there, would you please hand me the broom?

Bob Maar

- posted 07-10-2001 09:18 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G

An office supervisor died and found himself in hell (bigsurprise).

The devil informs him that he will spend eternity in one of three rooms, each of which he may preview and then choose his favorite.

Satan opens a door and the dead supervisor sees a vast plain of concrete covered in glass shards, with untold millions of souls moaning in agony as they stand on thier heads.

With a gulp he asks to see the next choice.

The second door opens to reveal another vast horizon of torn-up wood filled with nails and screws, and millions of souls condemned to stand on thier heads, so he asks to see the third room.

Much to his surprise, the room is filled with millions of people standing waist deep in shit, but smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee. "This is not too bad," says the man, "even standing in shit I can stand an eternity smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee."

So he nonchalantly enters and takes his place among the damned.Suddenly, halfway through his first smoke, Satan enters and yells: "Alright, you maggots! Coffee break's over--back on your heads!"

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  43  44  45 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: