Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Bob Maar's Joke-A-Thon   » FORUM RULES (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: FORUM RULES
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-27-2001 02:11 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone please come and join Bob here in the Joke-A-Thon forum.

To keep the jokes organized, PLEASE place a generic title in the "subject" header on a "new topic". Also, on the first line of the post, please put a rating.

I have created a thread titled "Nuns" as an example. If you have more jokes about nuns, please post it to that thread as a reply. (Don't forget the rating.) If for example you have a joke about blondes and there is not yet a thread with jokes on blondes, please start a "new topic" and title it "Blondes" or "Dumb blondes", etc.

Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Gordon Hedges III
Jealous of everyone not me

- posted 06-29-2001 06:44 PM      Profile for Gordon Hedges III   Email Gordon Hedges III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just helping you out, Brad. Trying to keep this on the top of the first page.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-30-2001 01:55 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing, almost 100 jokes added in only 2 days!

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-02-2001 01:21 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
back too the top!

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-02-2001 04:46 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Bumping this back to the top again for the next couple of weeks, so the rules will be readily available.

What is everyone's opinion on the layout here?

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 07-02-2001 06:21 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, Your rules seem to be working so far. I think you should let it continue for awhile. I believe that we will probably end up with some general titles which will incorporate some sub-titles. Examle would be General "Business & Industry",Subs would be: Computers-Medical-Lawyers- Law Enforcement-Government. I think it will become clearer as we go on.

I want to know where all these people posting now were when I was struggeling to reach 100 pages. In less than one week we have added what would have equaled another 12 pages. (If I'm wrong Evans will get me.)

Bob Maar

- posted 07-04-2001 08:20 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back up "Big Fella".

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-05-2001 01:43 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh! There seems to be sooooooo many divisions that it's confusing!

What about just dividing it up according to rating? P, PG, R, X, and for the REALLY good ones, XXX?

That way someone could enjoy many different types of jokes depending on their "comfort" level.

>>> Phil

Bob Maar

- posted 07-05-2001 09:31 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't I tell you to stay up at the TOP! Now behave

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-05-2001 09:47 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil,

The divisions are decided upon by the members as they post jokes. If you cannot find a thread to fit a joke of yours into, then create a new one. I have a feeling though that most joke categories have already been created. If not, there's always the miscellaneous thread.

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2001 11:57 PM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, was I the first to have a joke pulled out of the Joke-A-Thon?

I didn't know electric chair humor was so controversial!

Couldn't it have just been edited to make it acceptable, like they do in Cincinatti?

Bob Maar

- posted 07-08-2001 07:29 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back to top.

Bob Maar

- posted 07-09-2001 08:29 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Upsey Daisey Please ut me to the top

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-11-2001 10:10 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Well this is certainly amazing. 500 jokes have been added in only 2 weeks of having this dedicated forum open. What does everyone think? Is having the dedicated forum the reason for the traffic, or is it just because Bob Maar's name is in the title?

Bob Maar

- posted 07-12-2001 07:32 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, I can't believe how fast the last 500 jokes have been posted.This translates into just over an additional 35 pages of jokes.
However, we still have a lot of members who have never posted a joke, so my goal is to have 100% participation. Even the lurkers could fax me their jokes to post and of course I will be happy to do that for them.

As we use to say in the service...........Semper Fi.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: