Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Manual for Strong SD-2E Light Dimmer

Author Topic: Manual for Strong SD-2E Light Dimmer
Karl Belter
Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2019 10:20 AM      Profile for Karl Belter   Email Karl Belter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hoping one of you can help me. We started having issues with our Strong International model SD-2E house lights dimmer. I cannot find a manual anywhere. If anyone can point me, or private email me the manual, I would greatly appreciate it.

Of course this started with LED bulbs not working right. People flipped switches. I want to make sure I understand what the switches do. Also I want to adjust the timing, min and max settings if I can.

|  IP: Logged

Karl Belter
Film Handler

- posted 09-29-2019 05:55 PM      Profile for Karl Belter   Email Karl Belter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never did get anyone who had a link or copy for manual. But thought I would post for others that replacing LED bulbs back for incandescent made our lights dim to correct light level.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 09-30-2019 10:28 AM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The reason you had the problem is that the dimmer is not fully compatible with the LED lamps. The usual causes are the type of chopped wave the dimmer puts out, or the lowest threshold voltage is a bit too high so the LED's never shut off or dim as much as they should.

A trick that might work is to replace ONE LED lamp with an incandescent (or have your electrician add a fixture somewhere discreet) and use a single 60w incandescent lamp. The hard resistive load of that single lamp often smooths things out enough for the LED's to work properly.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: