Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Returning an old server to GDC

Author Topic: Returning an old server to GDC
Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 06-23-2019 07:54 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to return my SA-2100A to GDC for the credit. Since it's going to California, I thought it would be cheaper if a friend of mine took it to Minot and shipped it on UPS from there.

He got to the border with it yesterday and they wouldn't let him through with it. He had to leave it at the border station and pick it up again on his way back. [Frown]

So I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and pay UPS for sending it from here.

|  IP: Logged

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 07-06-2019 09:50 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why wouldn't they let it through? Or were they trying to make him pay import duty on it?

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 07-06-2019 10:48 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not really sure why, and I don't think he knows either. He just said that the border guards wouldn't let it through but they would keep it there at the border station for him so he could pick it up again on his way back. Which he did.

Ultimately I shipped it out from the UPS store in Regina last Friday and according to the online tracking information it's in Billings right now and will be at its destination in California next Wednesday. It cost me $250 for freight which I'm sure would have been a lot less if it had gone from Minot instead, but what can you do...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: