Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Kids can get a movie ticket, drink and popcorn for $4 this summer at AMC Theatres

Author Topic: Kids can get a movie ticket, drink and popcorn for $4 this summer at AMC Theatres
Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-30-2019 03:03 PM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting promotion. Will it pay off?

https://fox17.com/news/local/kids-can-get-a-movie-ticket-drink-and-popcorn-for-4-this-summer-at-amc-theatres

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Attention all parents! If you need help entertaining your young ones during the summer break, AMC Theaters has quite the deal!

The movie theater chain is offering a "Summer Movie Camp" across the nation, which includes locations in the Tri-State.

"Summer is just around the corner, and so is Summer Movie Camp! Get admission to a kid-friendly movie and a KidsPack for just $4+tax, all summer long! Tickets available at the box office at participating locations," said AMC Theaters on their website.

Here is a list of "Featured Movies":

Trolls
The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation
Peter Rabbit
Teen Titan's Go! To The Movies
Wonder Park
Small Foot
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
The House With A Clock In Its Walls

There are multiple participating locations in middle Tennessee.

|  IP: Logged

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 04-30-2019 04:44 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to their website:

Kid-Friendly Movies plus a KidsPack every Wednesday for just $4 (+tax)

So... every Wednesday. No mention what kind of drink and what size of popcorn. What a deal. [Wink]

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 04-30-2019 05:53 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They've been doing it for years.
We've been doing it longer.
It's all about getting the daycares in. And if you've ever been to one of these shows, you'd never send your kids to daycare.

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 04-30-2019 06:01 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have been running a similar summer series for each of the last 7-8 summers. Free admission and a $4 kids pack. We do it every Thursday from mid June through the beginning of August - usually 8 weeks. We run pretty much the same line-up of movies. We help offset the cost by getting local businesses to sponsor each week of the show for $400.

Typically we get anywhere from 450-800 people, and usually average about $4.50 at the snack bar. It may not be a huge profit margin, but it created extremely positive goodwill within the community. It's also a way to help develop young moviegoers since they are seeing previews for all the upcoming kids movies on the big screen.

Martin Brooks
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-01-2019 12:00 PM      Profile for Martin Brooks   Author's Homepage   Email Martin Brooks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So... every Wednesday. No mention what kind of drink and what size of popcorn. What a deal. [Wink]
What difference does it make? No matter how small it is (and it's probably just American movie theatre small which is quite large and larger than I'd want my kid to consume) it's still a great deal at $4 because the movie alone is a great deal at $4. And it's probably any fountain soda. Large cups in many American movie theaters are 32 ounces (just under a liter), which is 480 calories just for the soda.

I haven't re-looked up the deal, but I was under the impression that it wasn't an all-day deal - it was only for something like a 10:30am show, but I could be wrong.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 05-02-2019 04:44 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I misunderstood the deal, I didn't see the movie was for free. I didn't really consider a popcorn + drink combo for $4 a deal.

Regarding "American Sized" concessions... I recently ordered a medium Pepsi at a CineStar location in Germany and I got 1 liter (so about 34 ounces) of Pepsi. I reminded the girl at the counter I wanted a medium sized drink... she assured me, this was medium...

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 05-02-2019 08:20 AM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But, But, But...
Montgomery(AL)Times
September 5, 1911
 -

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-02-2019 07:01 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Marcel Birgelen
I recently ordered a medium Pepsi at a CineStar location in Germany and I got 1 liter (so about 34 ounces) of Pepsi. I reminded the girl at the counter I wanted a medium sized drink... she assured me, this was medium...
I was at a cinema once where the SMALL was 32 ounces. (For comparison, our small is 16 and our medium is 22 oz.)

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 05-02-2019 07:16 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We do $4.00 for a kids fun pack, which is a 12oz drink, un-buttered popcorn, and a small package of fruit snacks. I imagine this is what most theatres do, or else it's the smallest size drink/popcorn.

Scott Jentsch
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2019 11:24 AM      Profile for Scott Jentsch   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Jentsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
I was at a cinema once where the SMALL was 32 ounces. (For comparison, our small is 16 and our medium is 22 oz.)
Sounds like AMC. According to a nutrition site I found, their large is 52 ounces!

I'd love to hear someone's justification for this oddness. It's probably having something to do with minimum size to justify the price.

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 05-03-2019 12:52 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Giving a child a 32oz drink is just job security for the janitors.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-03-2019 12:54 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or, a great ploy to sell more $6 kid trays.

Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2019 02:15 PM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mom approved treat box:
2 cups Lightly salted popped corn
1 package of gelled fruit snacks
1 6 oz Juice box

Dad approved price
$4.00

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: