Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Glad I have a carpet shampoo machine

Author Topic: Glad I have a carpet shampoo machine
Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 01-04-2019 12:57 AM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Every once in a while having my own carpet shampooing machine really pays off. (It actually pays off anyway since I can clean my rug for about $20 in materials versus paying one of the rug cleaning outfits about $200 for their services.)

One of the kids at tonight's show got sick, of course on the rug. [Frown]

So I got the machine out and cleaned the rug after the show, and it will have plenty of time to dry before tomorrow's show. If I had to wait for someone to come and do it for me it wouldn't be nearly that efficient.

|  IP: Logged

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 01-04-2019 12:34 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shortly after Delta took over Northwest, I flew on an ex-Northwest A330 that had just been repainted, but they were still in the process of re-doing the cabin. Half the seats were the old Northwest cloth ones, but the other half had been re-upholstered in Delta fake leather. An off-duty flight attendant was sitting next to me, and I told him that it was nice to be in one of the fake leather seats, because I always found the Northwest ones to be itchy. He told me that comfort was not the reason Delta used the fake leather upholstery: it's because it's easier and quicker to clean vomit off it!

I guess the same logic applies to the gradual disappearance of carpets from movie theater auditoria in the last decade or two.

Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-04-2019 02:22 PM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Always the kids screwing things up lol.

Mike Croaro
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-05-2019 10:45 AM      Profile for Mike Croaro   Email Mike Croaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[puke]

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 01-12-2019 11:59 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone tracked WHITE PAINT!! onto the rug tonight. After the show there were perfect white boot tracks to a seat about halfway down the auditorium.

I have a carpet pre-spray that I use before doing the shampoo and luckily pouring a huge quantity of that on the tracks and soaking them for a few minutes caused the paint to dissolve without dissolving the rug along with it. And the paint kind of floated on top of the water in the tank in my machine when I got it picked up again, so it didn't make too much of a mess out of the machine either.

This is a first. Paint? PAINT!!?

How in the hell do you track that much white paint onto a rug. Flippin' amazing.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: