Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Netflix, Roma

Author Topic: Netflix, Roma
Bob Ezra
Film Handler

- posted 11-26-2018 12:16 PM      Profile for Bob Ezra   Email Bob Ezra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have contact info for booking?
I know it would be a longshot.

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-26-2018 02:16 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't you have to have 70mm, Dolby Atmos, all those bells and whistles to book it?

Plus it'll be on Netflix after one week. I wouldn't touch it because who wants to encourage that crap?

I'm sure it will be a great movie, but at its core it's a straight-to-video movie.

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 11-26-2018 02:22 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Netflix
Andy Gruenberg
Grueney@aol.com

Much discussion of this at the ArtHouse Convergence list. Hints that they may be willing to waive the 70mm & ATMOS. Or not. You've got nothing to lose by trying.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 11-26-2018 11:16 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They might be willing to waive the 70mm and Atmos requirement? That's a laugh. It sounds more like they woke up to the realities of what's physically available in the art house circuit (very little 70mm and Atmos) and what theaters are willing to book for a next to nothing theatrical run.

Unless Roma had a 6.5K resolution digital intermediate created from its Arri Alexa 65 footage I see little need in making a 70mm print from it. And it's black and white. That's almost as odd as P.T. Anderson shooting The Master on 5/65mm film but framing it in pillar-boxed flat ratio. And then there's also so few good Atmos-equipped theaters out there. I get the feeling all the time that "filmmakers" don't visit commercial movie theaters at all or even understand how the average commercial movie theater is equipped and operated.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: