Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Deluxe One Content & Key Manager

Author Topic: Deluxe One Content & Key Manager
Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 07-23-2018 12:36 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got this email:

quote:
We're launching a brand-new Content & Key Manager that will help you track, manage and troubleshoot all from one convenient online platform.

The Content & Key Manager is a self-service tool that allows you to:
Download or resend keys
Get content delivery status (non DCDC content)
View all feature information
Request key extension
Submit support tickets

Accessible via our new cloud-based Deluxe One platform, the Content & Key Manager can be used on any Wi-Fi-connected device. That means you can get answers you need fast, without having to call or email.

We'll be activating your Deluxe One account to access the Content & Key Manager. Watch your email for further information.

I guess that means everything will be run through a website now.

Which could be a good or a bad thing, depending on the implementation.

|  IP: Logged

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 07-23-2018 01:13 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beat me to it, I came here to post the same thing.
I can't wait to see what goes wrong at the worst possible moment.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-23-2018 06:46 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if this means they're doing away with the 800-99-FILMS number. I've downloaded keys and looked at the info sheets before with no problem, so I don't see much difference there.

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 07-23-2018 09:57 PM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May just be they're trying to reduce the call volume. There are other reasons to talk with them.

I doubt the studios would let them completely automate. The system works pretty well, once they have the bookings in. Almost all of my hiccups have been when something goes wrong upstream. Automation's probably not going to fix that or make anyone confident an immediate problem's being worked on.

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 07-23-2018 10:36 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The digital cinema service used to be faster, though. I remember when I first got it here and had to call on a fairly regular basis to get keys sorted and such (before their system was as automated as it is now, I guess) and someone answered the phone on the second ring and usually said "We'll have the new key/file/whatever emailed to you within the next ten minutes." And they did.

Now you spend a long time on hold and the person who eventually answers doesn't seem to be as empowered as they used to be. Fortunately, I don't have to call in very often any more.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 07-24-2018 05:50 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Course, when the two depots merged, operations simply doubled.

I don't use the 99Films number anymore. it's the 3870 number.

Now, we have a new kid on the block: CineVision.

Ironically, they're using orange boxes.

-Monte

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 07-25-2018 09:37 AM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't gone to the Portal much, so this may not be news, but they have a warning up"
quote:
Important information

Please visit our new portals:

For Studios, please visit https://studio.dcinema.com

For Theatres, please visit https://cinema.dcinema.com

This website won't be available soon. Contact ddchelp@bydeluxe.com if you have any questions

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-25-2018 12:43 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's funny how there are no websites anymore, now they're "portals."

Too bad George Carlin is dead....he'd have a ball with all the idiot buzzwords the internet age has created.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 07-28-2019 10:34 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 367 days since the last post.

Muhamad Taufiq
Film Handler

- posted 07-28-2019 10:34 AM      Profile for Muhamad Taufiq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been using cinema.dcinema.com for quite some time now primarily looking whether a particular movie is 2K or 4K (and what audio format). Now I found that it no longer directs to portal but Deluxe One. Is there any site where regular people can see movies info just like the old portal? (I don't mean something like IMDb or shotonwhat)

Bill Brandenstein
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2019 03:17 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The link for https://cinema.dcinema.com/default.aspx indeed no longer works and appears to require an account and login.

William Kucharski
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2019 03:43 PM      Profile for William Kucharski   Email William Kucharski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Truly sad; I very much enjoyed reading the projectionist letters.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: