Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Spam from Chef Works

Author Topic: Spam from Chef Works
Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 01-12-2018 03:57 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got a spam email this morning, apparently from Tycia@chefworks.com.

"Welcome! You Are Now a Chef Works Insider!"

A bit of google searching shows that chefworks.com has a web presence that's not totally scammy looking, but I've never heard of them before.

I phoned them on the 800 number provided in their spam to tear a strip off of them for spamming and to find out how they got my email address since the address they sent it to is my "secondary address" and isn't the one that I have posted on my website.

After initially being told that the person who entered my email address is no longer at the company (even though the body of their spam actually says "You were added to the system January 11, 2018", i.e yesterday) I was then told that they had obtained a list of theatres in December but couldn't get any more information from them at all. I guess they couldn't get their story any straighter than that when I was blasting them on the phone. And I don't know how obtaining a list of theatres, if it actually exists, is supposed to somehow authorize them to start spamming that list -- I couldn't get an answer to that question either.

So what I'm wondering now is if any of you folks got a spam from this outfit today? It would be interesting to know if this list of theatres actually exists and where and how they got it if it does.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: