Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Deluxe Changes Phone Number, Doesn't Tell Anyone

Author Topic: Deluxe Changes Phone Number, Doesn't Tell Anyone
Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 11-08-2017 09:14 AM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Called Deluxe this morning looking for a missing key. Got a hangup click, silence, and off hook signal. Tried a few times, same result.

Called Vision Media to see if I could get the key from them. They told me Deluxe had recently changed their number and didn't even inform them -- and they are the same company.

The least they could do is put a message on their old number. If they emailed anything, I missed it.

Here is their new number (assuming this is not a violation of rules): 800.993.4567

|  IP: Logged

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-08-2017 12:04 PM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure "they didn't tell anyone", although I do
agree with you that there should have been a longer
'crossover' interval when both numbers remained active.
(like they could have done it at the end of the year and
started off the new year with the new number)

I think I first became aware of it about 3 weeks ago,
when it was included in 'the fine print' at the bottom
of some e-mails I got from Deluxe in response to a
technical question I had asked about a particular DCP
I was having some issues with.

I'm pretty sure I saw it printed on a piece of paper
stuffed into a couple of the DCP drives I've received in
the past month. But those were 'special issue" DCP's
and not part of the regular theatrical distribution channels

- - and I know the information was passed as part of the
welcome message in their ACD system when I called them
several times last week to get some keys issued for a couple
of press screenings that got rescheduled at the last minute.

(But I realize that if you were a 'power user' of their
phone system, you might have just pushed the buttons
you needed to press to get to the department you wanted
without listening to the whole ACD preamble.)

I do agree though that they could have done a much better
job of publicizing the phone number change to their clients.

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 11-08-2017 02:36 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see now that the new number is on the yellow slips Technicolor is including with the hard drives lately. Of course, it doesn't say it's a new number, so I paid no attention to it at all. Silly me.

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 11-08-2017 03:31 PM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not new. It's what I've had since Technicolor took over delivery from National Film and started putting everything on a UPS truck. Being one operation now, I'd guess they just decided that would be the main number

(800) 99"FILMS"

I have (had) "877" numbers for DDC and Deluxe Vision.

So... do we use our original Technicolor account number or do we still need our Deluxe number? They seemed to find our account, one way or the other.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-08-2017 09:01 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's quicker to get keys from the Deluxe website anyway. You have to create an account, which is quick and easy. They have a new address, which is:

Deluxe Technicolor Cinema Portal

(cinema.dcinema.com)

The old "digitalcinema.bydeluxe.com" is being phased out. But your same username and password will work with the new site.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 11-16-2017 06:35 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ive been told not to do the 99Films number anymore since the 3870 number handles both, the Tech and Deluxe depots.

You just give them your Technicolor account number and they got you covered.

-Monte

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: