Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » WONDER IF ANY TEXAS BOOTHS UNDER WATER

Author Topic: WONDER IF ANY TEXAS BOOTHS UNDER WATER
David J Hilsgen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-30-2017 08:45 PM      Profile for David J Hilsgen   Email David J Hilsgen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody hear anything, any 70mm floating away

|  IP: Logged

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 08-30-2017 10:19 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Without wanting to sound overly preachy, I'm not convinced that now is the time to be making that sort of joke. There are up to 30 dead, tens of thousands homeless, and economic damage possibly into the hundreds of billions in and around Houston. In our business, even the movie theaters that escaped direct flood damage will likely be having a very difficult time in the coming weeks and months, as their customer base invests all their spare time and money in fixing their homes and businesses rather than going to the movies.

Now as for jokes about Joel Osteen, on the other hand, if it weren't for rule #3, I'd be leading the charge. That megachurch of his would be perfect for conversion into a 14-plex once the refugees don't need it any more...

David J Hilsgen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-30-2017 11:46 PM      Profile for David J Hilsgen   Email David J Hilsgen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, Don't mean it as a joke was in a bad flood myself in 1965 i had a drive in under water , my basement full. just seeing how theatres are affected.I think we should start a fundraiser here on film tech ,or give to the red cross like i did.

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-31-2017 03:19 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most of the chains have the money to get their buildings back up and operating in a matter of weeks. My building in the high and dry part of Texas was supposed to get the auditorium chairs cleaned but the contractor was diverted to the Houston area for extraction and restoration.
Some locations in that region have hurricane shutters which install in front of the main entry doors to the lobby. These started going up after Katrina.
At this point, I am more concerned that the employees are all safe. Corpus evacuated but Houston did not.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: