Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » M&M commericals

Author Topic: M&M commericals
Rick Meister
Film Handler

- posted 07-29-2017 04:05 PM      Profile for Rick Meister   Email Rick Meister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have found several M&M commericals on utube dealing with noise in the theater , cells phones etc.
I have tried emailing Mars Candy co and never have gotten a response I tried calling them and got the switch around from one person to another with a we will call u back answer. I would like to play some of them in the theater. anyone know how to get copies? who to contact?

|  IP: Logged

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 07-29-2017 04:31 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I looked on youtube and found the one with the secret agents on the park bench. Are there others?

I like it! I would play that here if I had it as a dcp, too.

Rick Meister
Film Handler

- posted 07-29-2017 05:07 PM      Profile for Rick Meister   Email Rick Meister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there was another one but I cant find it now. even some of the commericals would be cool to show on kiddie type movies

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 07-29-2017 07:10 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I downloaded one of them from YouTube in 1080p and created a DCP with DCP-O-Matic. The video quality is good, and the audio quality is about the same as our on-screen ads. Given that we carry M&M's, I wonder if we need to get specific permission to run it before our shows.

M&M's Cell Phone PSA

Buck Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-29-2017 08:11 PM      Profile for Buck Wilson   Email Buck Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That ad plays in Firstlook. You could just get Firstlook.

(Please don't)

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-29-2017 09:30 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just downloaded from that link, and did a quick look-around for others....didn't find any though. I hope if anyone discovers them they'll put the links here. These will be fun additions to the collection.

Paul H. Rayton
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2017 11:58 PM      Profile for Paul H. Rayton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This ad (the one from the link) is currently running in AMC theaters (at least in So. Calif.), as part of the trailers pack. It's positioned after all the movie coming attractions trailers have run, so pretty close to the start of the actual feature movie.

Bill Brandenstein
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2017 04:43 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm... tempting to get a Marco 16mm print of this made for future film shows at home!

Timothy Eiler
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2017 05:27 PM      Profile for Timothy Eiler   Author's Homepage   Email Timothy Eiler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Justin Hamaker
I wonder if we need to get specific permission to run it before our shows.

I always wondered But i figured that I was giving free advertising to M&Ms with the added benefit of helping concession sales along with reminder to shut off their cells

Melanie Loggins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2017 07:55 PM      Profile for Melanie Loggins   Author's Homepage   Email Melanie Loggins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is only topic-adjacent, but what is firstlook?

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-06-2017 09:29 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's AMC's pre-show program. (or maybe Regal?) Anyway it's somebody's pre-show.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 08-07-2017 03:04 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's REG's pre show program.

I downloaded that video and will make a DCP of it.

Lyle Romer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-07-2017 06:49 AM      Profile for Lyle Romer   Email Lyle Romer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Justin Hamaker
I wonder if we need to get specific permission to run it before our shows.

I don't think you need permission. Unless it can be somehow construed that you are charging admission to show it, there is no issue. If you wanted to, you could probably make a 2 hour program of every commercial on TV and show it for free and you'd be OK.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: