Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Off-duty officer arrested after dropping gun in movie theater

Author Topic: Off-duty officer arrested after dropping gun in movie theater
Buck Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-08-2017 04:59 PM      Profile for Buck Wilson   Email Buck Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Intoxicated off-duty officer drops gun, causes evacuation of movie theater

quote:
MILFORD, OH (WCMH) — An intoxicated off-duty police officer caused a the evacuation of a movie theater last night in Milford, Ohio.

According to WLWT, witnesses told police that a drunken woman was acting erratically and dropped a handgun in the middle of the Milford Rave Cinemas. No shots were fired, but the movie theater was evacuated.

“We sat two seats down from the lady they took out,” Tory Peterson told WLWT. He was in the theater when the disturbance happened. “She seemed a little strange, you know, and once the movie started, she stood up a couple of times and started to grab toward my fiancée who was beside me.”

Peterson and his fiancée moved to different seats, but the woman proceeded to bother other people in the theater.

“The lady started messing with people on the other side of us,” Peterson said. “While it was happening, she dropped a pistol.”

Another moviegoer then grabbed the pistol and went outside to wait for the police to arrive.

The woman was Shauna Lambert, an off-duty police officer. Lambert was arrested and charges are pending for possessing a weapon while intoxicated and inducing panic.

|  IP: Logged

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 01-08-2017 05:19 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If she drove to the theater, they can probably add DUI to the rap sheet as well.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: