Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Gift card advertising

Author Topic: Gift card advertising
Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 09-21-2016 10:22 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have a good tagline for advertising gift cards?

I've been using this one for years:

Always the right colour,
Always the right size,
Cheaper than a sports car.
Gift Cards are available at the theatre.

|  IP: Logged

Manny Montes
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-16-2016 10:31 PM      Profile for Manny Montes   Email Manny Montes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've always tried to tie ours into a big movie at the time, using a tagline or something witty that tied back into the movie. Even if the cards weren't branded it did well to promote an upcoming film while also selling gift cards.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-16-2016 10:37 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've used "Give the gift of movies!" for many years. I put up signs for Christmas sales starting around Nov. 1 and I also created a 10-second DCP slide that we run between the trailers and the movie starting around that time.

Rick Cohen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2016 01:04 AM      Profile for Rick Cohen   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Make your gift a blockbuster hit!

Ron Funderburg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2016 06:28 PM      Profile for Ron Funderburg   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Funderburg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike I guess I'm old fasion mine has always said Right for every occasion, gift certificates are available at the box office.

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 10-29-2016 07:30 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We use "The Gift of Entertainment" or "Perfect for everyone on your list".

Donald Brown
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-31-2016 06:10 PM      Profile for Donald Brown   Email Donald Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have those of you who offer gift cards produced your own, or have you obtained customized or standardized forms from a particular vendor?
I have a number of requests this year for gift cards, which I have not previously offered, and I am currently evaluating various options.
Thanks,
Don Brown

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 10-31-2016 06:25 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Donald, your best bet is to get something through your theatre management software vendor - or at least see what gift card systems they can work with.

Implementing something on your own which will integrate with your POS system will be very difficult. While you certainly could do something as an external system, it will likely slow speed of service as you have to go to the external system to look up the value of the card. Plus the more steps you have for sales and redemption, the more likely you are to have mistakes, theft, and fraud.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-31-2016 06:30 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We use RTS for our POS system, and when we were looking to get into gift cards they recommended a company called Plastic Printers. We've used them for many years. They do the cards themselves, and also the backing cards (gift folders) too. You can either send them your own design for the front and back of the card (which is what I did), or they have generic designs. They also offer cards in different qualities -- anything from a flimsy plastic one-time use thing, to a thick card that's just like a regular credit card.

The backing card folder is the same way -- you can design your own or choose from generic designs. And there are many options for the style of the cards (where they fold, horizontal or vertical, where the cuts are to hold the gift cards, etc) or you could go without folders and use something else to hold your gift cards.

The nice thing about them being the preferred vendor for RTS is, the card numbers are already built into RTS when you get the cards, so you don't have to swipe-in the cards before you can add money to them. And the whole process of selling or redeeming the cards is as seamless as can be. We sell cards online too, which also integrates with RTS.

We have had the same sales rep (Pat) throughout our whole relationship with Plastic Printers, so if I need more cards it's just a matter of sending Pat an email.

I'm sure there are many other card printers, but with any company, I would ask for quality samples before submitting an order.

Plastic Printers Tell 'em Mike sent you.

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 10-31-2016 06:33 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have three different gift cards. They all have the same back.

I designed them using Scribus and a friend of mine who owns publishing company printed them for me.

-

I don't know why the scan has those lines in it. Maybe because the cards have a very shiny coating. The real cards don't have the lines; they are very smooth and shiny. They are actually full-colour high-gloss business cards.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: