Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Old cinema gets demolished bare-handed (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Old cinema gets demolished bare-handed
Mike Rivest
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2016 04:50 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Email Mike Rivest   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This what happens to cinemas that charges too much for its refreshment counter as well as having tiny screens.

Anybody know which cinema is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kX4HkxBDuk

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgZ2K5Ql97k

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-30-2016 05:50 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That XL got what it deserved!

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 07-30-2016 05:50 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, was all that food at the concession stand just left when they closed? Somebody should have told them how dangerous the xenon bulb, that just happened to be out is. Someone also should have told them the difference between a lamp house and a projector [evil]

Mark Ogden
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2016 06:17 PM      Profile for Mark Ogden   Email Mark Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After this, be sure and stay tuned for Hormel Chavez in a new episode of Ow My Balls!

Frank Bolkovac
Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2016 09:35 PM      Profile for Frank Bolkovac   Email Frank Bolkovac   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone notice no rectifier in the console?

Bill Brandenstein
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-31-2016 12:16 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whether or not you like the equipment, seeing the projector going through the booth window makes me sick. That's where I stopped watching.

Stunts or vandalism? Fine line.

Buck Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-31-2016 02:11 AM      Profile for Buck Wilson   Email Buck Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neat watch!

You could tell they had no fucking clue about the projection equipment. "lens mount" "camera" lolol

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 07-31-2016 10:03 AM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill: wouldn't be vandalism because they obviously had permission of the owners (who were probably the ones who popped the popcorn, hung up the pretzels and refilled the concession stand).
Everything is obviously staged. I wonder what their insurance bill looks like. Busting all that glass, and pulling down ceilings with no protective eyewear or gear. Interesting they exploded a couple of fluorescent tubes, but not the xenon bulb. Guess you have to draw the line somewhere.
I guess if you just want to see things get "blowed up real good"* it's the perfect show.

* Blowed Up Real Good

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-31-2016 10:50 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Martin... This is redneck demolition... You are expecting waaayyy too much in correct term usage from them. I did note how the set decorator had all the nifty film cans lined up on shelves though.

Mark

Rick Raskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-31-2016 10:54 AM      Profile for Rick Raskin   Email Rick Raskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amazingly they didn't even break sweat.

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 07-31-2016 11:05 AM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark: Oh, I don't expect anything from them. You'd just kinda hope their "science" guy who is there to do all the 'splaining would at least do his research. Where was all the science anyway? I didn't make it through the whole show.

As usual, I was more distracted by the fakery of "reality shows."

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-31-2016 12:03 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometime in the mid 2000s Bravo or one of the channels had a show called "The Reality of Reality", where they took a behind the scenes look at shows like Big Brother. Most of it is staged. Networks are filled with these because they cost little to produce.I noticed more of the recent ones seem to be scripted or completely made up, with my personal favorite "Amish Mafia" being a prime example. At least Hans and Frans destroying a solitary screen in a closed down multiplex didn't have to "act."

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-31-2016 02:25 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
"That's a whole lotta camera!"
"That's a whole lotta lens!"

Well geez, I've always wondered how the gears worked inside a lamphouse. Turns out I've been referring to the lens mount as a projector all these years too. The more you know! [Razz]

-

Fortunately that was the first image of the second link, as I just cannot sit and watch a show with this kind of editing. I just skipped through the first link to find the only slightly amusing part was in the first couple of minutes in the second link. (Tip to moron tough guys...don't try to go against the wall-mounted electrical wireway.)

Joe, what's the term for when a show has 5 minutes of footage and yet they need to stretch it to a 22 minute show, so they turn it into one big self-commercial and show the same shots repeatedly while the actors say the same thing over and over about the same shots they have already shown to the audience a dozen times?

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-31-2016 07:26 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got thru about 9 minutes of part 1 before I had enough.

I'd expect it probably took longer to finish this demo job up after those clowns got done with it, than the whole job would have taken if real a contractor would have demo'd it.

This show looks like it's produced by the same outfit that produces Pawn Stars, American Pickers and such, with the continuous southern-metal soundtrack and general redneckery of the proceedings. I half expected them to cut to a shot of Chumlee eating popcorn and going "Sweeeet."

Rex Oliver
Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2016 12:11 AM      Profile for Rex Oliver   Email Rex Oliver   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seeing these "demolition videos" on a Cinema forum-would this be like kicking the lion cub in the presence of its mother?The two buffoons smash the projection lamp by throwing it thru an already broken booth window-onto the empty concrete floor-along with the projectors console.In that funky sketch of the console-love the gears in the lamphouse console-they don't show what is in the actual projector mounted onto the front of the console.If the console had the rectifier power supply in it-they wouldn't be able to lift by hand?Another thought-couldn't someone have used the booth equipment they smashed-no platters were shown-did see a glimpse of one.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: