Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Employee Schedule Online and Smart Phone

Author Topic: Employee Schedule Online and Smart Phone
Christopher Perkins
Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2016 09:36 PM      Profile for Christopher Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email Christopher Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your theater is big I would high suggest using homebase for you and your employees. I use it for our theater and even though we are small theater it make everything so much easier. Here are some things it does

Employees
1. They can see their schedule at anytime
2. Adjust their availability
3. Request time off
4. Request a cover
5. Talk to your team mates
6. Leave shift feed back
7. Get text messages/email/app notification when their new schedule is available
8. Clock in from their smart phone and clock out
9. See how many hour they are scheduled for
10. Reference back on their time stubs

Manager
1. Schedule your employees and also see availability as scheduling.
2. See payroll reports and projected hours vs actual hours
3. Labor percentage if your POS is compatible with homebase
4. See request off and approve or disapprove them
5. Talk to the team
6. Get text/email alerts when someone has not clocked in yet or has clocked out late.
7. See every employees hour goal.
8. See every employees percentage of being on time
9. Download payroll to Microsoft Excel
10. Replace your time clock with an iPad/Tablet or use a computer
11. Much more you can do.

Did I mention this is free?

I love the system and the employees here that do use it love it to. It make everyone life much easier. It has decreased tardiness.

Homebase Home Page

|  IP: Logged

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2016 07:40 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks good but I bet most big theatres would have their own software systems that pretty much do the same thing anyway.

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 07-06-2016 08:12 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just went live with something similar I built with PHP. Still working on the messaging side of things and some other functionality, but it works well. Employees definitely like not having to come in to check their schedules, and it makes my life easier when it comes to keeping track of time off requests and availability.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-06-2016 08:31 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can Homebase send the employees a text when they have a shift coming up? If so, I might be a user. That's the one big feature that would be really helpful I think. We don't have much of a problem with people forgetting to come to work, but it seems like every time it does happen, it's at the worst possible time.

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 07-06-2016 09:08 PM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We use wheniwork(.com) at our place.

It's not free (varies by # of employees and how paid), but it does have much of what's listed here and also texts reminders to the users.

The employee sets how early the reminder is sent.

My daughter used to do all of the scheduling by hand, and the number of calls she took/sent were a nightmare. She likes this system a lot.

Christopher Perkins
Film Handler

- posted 07-07-2016 04:00 PM      Profile for Christopher Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email Christopher Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not 100% about text messages. But if they do have the app on their phone it does remind them with in. Also my iphone tells me when I should leave based on traffic. So the app is pretty neat.

Greg Pauley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-15-2016 09:50 AM      Profile for Greg Pauley   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Pauley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We use Timeforge.com works really well and you pay per employee.

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-15-2016 01:23 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What about staff who can't AFFORD smartphones?

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 08-15-2016 03:18 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I built in Php can be used from any Internet connection. It's optimized for smartphones, but works fine from a computer.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-15-2016 06:24 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jesse Skeen
What about staff who can't AFFORD smartphones?
I don't know about where you live, but around here (where the economy is ranging from middling-to-crappy right now) it seems like everybody over age 10 has a smart phone, whether they can afford it or not. People figure out a way to get things they really want.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: