Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » "Expressing our appreciation"

Author Topic: "Expressing our appreciation"
Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 06-09-2016 09:45 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this is a first. Semi-regular customers (couple) came to the show tonight and on the way in she handed me an envelope stating, "We would just like to express our appreciation to you for having this theatre here." I was a bit non-plussed but said, "Thank you" and took the envelope and put it under my counter.

I just opened the envelope expecting to see a thank you note or something. Instead, it's a gift certificate to cover a meal at the restaurant down the street for me and my wife. We go there every couple of weeks and always order the same thing -- since this gift certificate is for the exact amount of that bill I guess these folks must have asked the restaurant people what we order when we're there.

I'll have to remember to give them their popcorn and drink order for free the next time they come to the show...

|  IP: Logged

Alan Plester
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2016 01:37 AM      Profile for Alan Plester   Email Alan Plester   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
returns your faith in human kindness, doesn't it.

Rick Raskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2016 08:12 AM      Profile for Rick Raskin   Email Rick Raskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are benefits to life in a small town.

Geoff Jones
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2016 08:16 AM      Profile for Geoff Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Geoff Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) Awesome story - it's good to hear about the good things out there.

2) Order something different next time! Variety is the spice of life. [Smile]

Andrew Leist
Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2016 11:44 AM      Profile for Andrew Leist   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Leist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome! Good for you, Frank.

Bill Brandenstein
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2016 01:56 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Always a great thing to show appreciation for people, especially when they make our lives nicer! Great story.

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 06-10-2016 04:01 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful story!

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2016 08:29 PM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, nice story! It's always nice to hear your efforts are appreciated. I get that a fair amount on the phone when I talk someone through a problem.

Harold

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: