Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Why the delay in getting trailers to theaters?

Author Topic: Why the delay in getting trailers to theaters?
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-18-2016 06:29 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So there's all this online buzz about the trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and we've had customers ask if we're showing the trailer yet, and I have to tell them we haven't received it yet....even though the damn thing has been on YouTube for about two weeks.

There have been two "TrailMix" drives since that trailer came out online but the Rogue One trailer is nowhere to be found.

WHY in the #&$@ would they want to exclude the theatrical arena from showing this trailer? Isn't the idea to get as wide exposure as possible?

Unless it's in there but is under a goofy code name, that is.....

|  IP: Logged

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 04-18-2016 07:19 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not on our system yet either (we get most content via satellite). It's also not listed on the Deluxe trailer letters for the past few weeks.

I'm guessing Disney is waiting to debut it with Captain America. But if that's the case, why put it out online weeks ahead.

Matt Russell
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2016 10:55 PM      Profile for Matt Russell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Rogue One trailer is already confirmed to be attached on Captain America: Civil War (it was mentioned at Cinema Con last week that Rogue One and Doctor Strange will be the attachments), so Disney's probably waiting until that week's trail mix to put it up. I think Disney likes to specifically wait to release teasers for their big movies until they have one to put it on. We didn't get the first Captain America trailer on our trail mix until the week Star Wars came out even though it had debuted online about two weeks earlier. I would argue, however, that Deluxe can be slow with releasing a weekly trailmix.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-18-2016 11:23 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Just watch that trailer be encrypted.

Matt Smith
Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2016 08:01 AM      Profile for Matt Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We received the trailer yesterday through LANsat. It isn't attached to the trailer plans for our midnight showings of Civil War but I suspect it will be for the release week.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: