Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Curtian issue

Author Topic: Curtian issue
Ryan Zeestraten
Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2015 05:03 PM      Profile for Ryan Zeestraten   Author's Homepage   Email Ryan Zeestraten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have a curtain that comes down in front of the screen. I was told it was installed 15 years ago. About 3 years ago I'm guessing from stories I have been told water leaked on it from the roof and left water stains. So we had a company come over and said that the curtains were wool and he could get the stain out no problem. Well there is a problem he did what he did and told me was he used peroxide and then rinsed and sucked the curtain and now instead of water spots I have white areas where he did his work at. He says that some one else tried to clean it and pulled the color out of the fabric. So when he cleaned it, it just finished pulling the color off. But whatever, I have been to court a couple times over various things and don't have the desire to take this to court. So my question is the curtain is a muted turquoise blue with gold tassels on the bottom. Has anybody ever heard of a company that could dye the curtain black while its still up or does anyone have any other ideas. It looks horrible enough I keep it raised and miss out on that awesome feature we have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Hajducki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2015 07:59 PM      Profile for Mark Hajducki   Email Mark Hajducki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
His method of "getting the stain out" sounds like a doctor who cures an ingrowing toenail by removing the foot!

I don't know about the re-dyeing but you will probably need to get the curtain (re)flame/fireproofed as the work will have removed the protection.

Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2015 10:37 PM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hydrogen Peroxide is a BLEACH!

The results are exactly as one would expect from applying it.

John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2015 03:34 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hate to tell you, but your curtain will not be long for this world. Bleach destroys color fabric- it will began to rot in short order.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 12-22-2015 09:00 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And a legal question did he re flameproof it
Almost all fabrics (even inherently flameproof ones) loose there certificate if cleaned and not re flameproofed

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: