Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Deluxe and credit card payments

Author Topic: Deluxe and credit card payments
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-24-2015 06:15 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm in an ongoing battle of wits with Deluxe.

I prefer to get statements and invoices by mail -- why should I have to print my own copy on my own paper? So after they started emailing them, I wrote and told them I would prefer paper documents. They said fine, they would do that.

At the same time I filled out a form authorizing them to use the theatre's credit card to bill us for invoices. No problem so far.

In practice, things are hit and miss. Sometimes we get things by mail, sometimes by email, and sometimes not at all. They bill for movies we played months ago. They send me "past due" statements for things I don't remember ever getting billed for in the first place. And they for some goofy reason can't manage to charge my credit card, even though I filled out their stupid form authorizing it (and have repeated the authorization via several emails with them).

Is anyone else having trouble with them? If there was any other alternative for shipping movies to us I would switch in a heartbeat.

/rant

|  IP: Logged

Martin Murray
Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2015 04:01 AM      Profile for Martin Murray   Email Martin Murray   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, exact same problems here. Their billing department leaves a lot to be desired. Considering going to satellite download, don't know if that would change anything.

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 11-25-2015 10:46 AM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-25-2015 02:14 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well this might have a happy ending. I had a nice phone call today from a woman named Merrilee from Deluxe who apologized for all the screwups, admitted they have problems "upstairs" and said she was going to be our account representative and would handle all my requests, and would follow up monthly to verify the amounts charged to the credit card. So...it almost sounds too good to be true, but hopefully the nightmare is finally ending.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 11-25-2015 02:36 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This isn't specifically a Deluxe problem, but I don't understand how any billion dollar company can function this way. I do get how you can deliver a shitty product and still manage to make a profit on it, but why is the invoicing often such a mess at such large corporations? Isn't this right where they make those billion dollars?

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-25-2015 03:00 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well we know they make HUGE profits on sending out keys, so I can only assume they're making huge profits on duplicating movies as well. The charges we pay are mostly for shipping. (Although they probably have killer deals with UPS and FedEx alowing them to make huge profits on that as well.)

Long story short, they probably make so much money from the studios that they don't need to worry too hard about small potatoes outfits like us.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: