Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » JBL 4632 Reviews

Author Topic: JBL 4632 Reviews
Thomas Baham
Film Handler

- posted 11-09-2015 03:17 PM      Profile for Thomas Baham   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Baham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just getting peoples opinion on the JBL 4632 Tri Amplified Speakers. I have a theater that is 100 X 60, holds 275 Seats, slopped floor. Just want to get some opinions or recommendations on these speakers. Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 11-09-2015 05:52 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You might want to mop that floor....

Thomas Baham
Film Handler

- posted 11-11-2015 08:44 PM      Profile for Thomas Baham   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Baham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
??? Don't get it

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-11-2015 11:09 PM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's because the floor was "slopped" instead of "sloped."

Harold

Thomas Baham
Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2015 09:45 AM      Profile for Thomas Baham   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Baham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL, Yes you are right, Thanks

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 11-12-2015 10:48 AM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thomas, forget JBL, they are last decade's old rotten fish.

QSC is THE best speaker out there right now for the price point, hands down.

Superior dialog intelligibility without the JBL "honk", smooth high end and lows that you really can feel. Even pre-eq, in virtually all of the installs I've used them for, the response was surprisingly flat and required minimal EQ to get to the curve.

They are also efficient, and when used with QSC's DCM or digital processors, all of the time alignment of the drivers is pre-programmed.

Check them out here:

Click here for the best damn speakers in the industry bar none..

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: