Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Back to the Future Day 10/21/15

Author Topic: Back to the Future Day 10/21/15
Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-21-2015 06:56 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone going to run the "Back to the Future" trilogy that's being offered by Universal on 10/21/15? Apparently that is the day that Doc Brown and Marty officially went 'back to the future'.

Link

Link 2

I am guessing they are going to do some sort of 30th anniversary Blu-Ray release or something too.

|  IP: Logged

David Buckley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2015 07:38 PM      Profile for David Buckley   Author's Homepage   Email David Buckley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If Reddit is to be believed, then the trilogy is being shown at the location of the original Twin Pines mall. I find that pretty cool.

-

Dave Bird
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2015 04:54 PM      Profile for Dave Bird   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We played the first one this past weekend paired with The Breakfast Club.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2015 01:15 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our "Back to the Future" Day event turned out rather well:

-

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 10-26-2015 02:11 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-26-2015 05:58 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the first movie on Amazon Prime last night.

I remember seeing II when we played it and not being able to make much sense out of it due to all the various iterations of the characters. Maybe I should try watching it again. I do remember seeing a lot of bad reviews on that one which probably made me less eager to see it.

I never did see III, but remember the reviewers said the series got back on track with that one.

Steve Matz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2015 12:16 AM      Profile for Steve Matz   Email Steve Matz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought 2 was the best of the three; more or less concentrating on how BIFF(Thomas Wilson) became a multi-millionaire and let the City go to hell. Didn't like 3 at all.
Going back to The Wild West Days wasn't appealing at all. I have the Trilogy on DVD but BTF 3 will probably never get played [puke]

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 10-27-2015 12:24 AM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We ran the trilogy and had a much better turnout than I expected for a mid-week event.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2015 06:25 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had a great turnout also. Having the DeLoreans out in front grabbed a lot of people's attention and we actually had a respectable crowd for all of our films, not just the "Back to the Future" marathon.

Geoff Jones
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2015 07:56 AM      Profile for Geoff Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Geoff Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It did well, proof that there is a market for seeing great classics on the big screen.

http://variety.com/2015/film/box-office/back-to-the-future-box-office-1201624161/

quote:
Fans flocked to theaters on Wednesday to celebrate Oct. 21, 2015: the day that “Back to the Future’s” Doctor Emmett Brown and Marty McFly touched down in the future.

Well, their future is now our past, and some of the things that “Back to the Future Part II” predicted have not come to pass. Most Americans didn’t take a flying car to work this morning, teenagers are not enjoying the pleasures of the hoverboard, families don’t warm up dehydrated pizzas, “Jaws” mercifully never made it to chapter 19 and the World Series remains frustratingly out of grasp for the Chicago Cubs.

That didn’t matter to lovers of Robert Zemeckis’ time-bending trilogy. A theatrical re-release of the three “Back to the Future” films grossed an estimated $1.65 million from 1,815 North American theaters that offered up a helping of nostalgia. They returned to theaters to mark “Back to the Future Day.”

Globally, series lovers turned out in force. The international total for the limited engagement clocked in at $3.2 million, pushing the film’s one-day total to $4.8 million worldwide.

The original trilogy hauled more than $416 million over its run, making it one of the most successful franchises in history. To mark the anniversary, USA Today offered up a special futuristic version of itself and stars Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd appeared in character on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!.”

I love Part II. It's got a smart script that takes the first film and twists it in interesting ways.

Part III annoys me, not because it's set in the old west, but because of its goofy tone.

The original is a masterpiece. There's nothing else like it.

Steve Matz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2015 01:38 PM      Profile for Steve Matz   Email Steve Matz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you want your DMC 12 to not look like every other Delorean [beer]

-
Customized DMC 12

Mark Strube
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-30-2015 02:58 AM      Profile for Mark Strube   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Strube   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sold out at my theater as well. Cocktail special and popcorn proceeds went to the Michael J. Fox Foundation.

...and we managed a DeLorean!
 -

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: