Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Projection room doormat

Author Topic: Projection room doormat
Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 08-15-2015 07:13 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I came across a sale on the big commercial doormats that I put in front of the front door. I didn't need to replace my doormat at that time but since it was on sale I purchased one because, of course, when I do need to replace my doormat it won't be on sale then.

I unrolled the new doormat onto the plywood floor in the projection room with the idea that it would be out of the way there, and I'd rather keep it flat so it doesn't become permanently rolled up at the edges if I left it in a roll the way that it came.

I'm amazed at the quantity of popcorn bits and other trash that collects on the doormat in the projection room, all just off of my shoes since nobody ever enters that room other than me.

That doormat now has a permanent home right where it is in the projection room and I vacuum it every couple of months.

I had never considered that a doormat would be a good thing to have in the projection room, but it sure keeps a lot of dirt that would otherwise be tracked into that room, out.

|  IP: Logged

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 08-20-2015 02:19 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Old time operator friend of mine used doormats. Also used slippers inside the booth. Claimed it made a big difference in street dirt.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: