Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » ‘The Worst Movie Ever’ Grosses 11 Dollars On Its Opening Weekend

Author Topic: ‘The Worst Movie Ever’ Grosses 11 Dollars On Its Opening Weekend
System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 08-26-2011 06:08 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 
‘The Worst Movie Ever’ Grosses 11 Dollars On Its Opening Weekend

Source: slashfilm.com

quote:
No, I didn’t forget the word “million” in the above headline or Photoshop that poster myself. A movie calling itself The Worst Movie Ever actually grossed 11 dollars total on its opening weekend according to Box Office Mojo. It played twice, at midnight, at the Laemmle Sunset 5 in Los Angeles, CA and apparently only one person paid to see it.

We wouldn’t have written this article without Movieline, so thanks a bunch to them.

Obviously writer-producer-director-star Glenn Berggoetz was going for something there and, apparently, he was successful. The blend of awful effects, acting and shooting really does look like The Worst Movie Ever.

If the film really did make $11, as per Box Office Mojo, that would make it the worst opening in the history of cinema, behind the infamous $20 opening of Zzyzx Road which starred Katherine Heigl. And that would tend to elicit a response like the one Berggoetz left on the film’s official Facebook page Monday:

I just received the box office numbers from LA – ugh.

As for who spent that mysterious $11, the answer also might be on the Worst Movie Ever Facebook. One of the stars of the movie, Christine Mascolo, took a photo outside the theater so some are claiming it was her. However, the photo was taken during the day and the screenings were at midnight, plus I find it hard to believe that an actress in Los Angeles, even one who is making The Worst Movie Ever, couldn’t get one friend to go and see her new movie with her. So, odds are she wasn’t the solo culprit. That would mean she didn’t pay to see the movie either, though.

While this might seem incredibly sad, in the end, it’s probably a good thing for the movie. I’d never heard of The Worst Movie Ever before its $11 box office was discovered and I’m sure fans of bad movies like The Room and Birdemic are now going to seek this thing out. It’ll make more than $11 because of that $11 dollars

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: