Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Cinema Source Email Service?

Author Topic: Cinema Source Email Service?
Dylan Carroll
Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2014 03:39 PM      Profile for Dylan Carroll   Author's Homepage   Email Dylan Carroll   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey every one -

So for the past few years, we have been using the free listing provided by cinema source (emailing and faxing) - and now we are being told we have to upgrade to CSXpress for a fee every month. Is this something that everyone has encountered, or are there alternatives? We would like to shop around if there are other choices.

Thanks in advance!

|  IP: Logged

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 08-22-2014 04:46 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have schedules@cinema-source.com included on my email mailing list along with everyone else who has signed up for the automatic emails through my website, and they get the same email that everyone else does.

A few years ago I got a very early in the morning phone call (YAWN!) from a guy at West World Media who was trying to sell me a service for $x/month so I could enter my showtimes directly onto their website in some way. I said no thanks, and never heard anything more about it.

I suppose it depends on your market, but for my own theatre I don't think it matters much if I'm included on those listings or not. Everyone who really cares checks my website, signs up for the email or downloads the app. So as far as I'm concerned if they want to post the information for free I'm willing to provide it for them and if they want to charge me for it then I'll get along very nicely without it.

Mike Rivest
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2014 07:05 PM      Profile for Mike Rivest   Email Mike Rivest   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think someone is trying to making money publishing showtimes to the web now that the theatres no longer pay the papers to list them.

Dylan Carroll
Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2014 08:20 PM      Profile for Dylan Carroll   Author's Homepage   Email Dylan Carroll   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So - in your markets, Flixster, Yahoo, Google, these things are posted reliably using cinema source? We have had nothing but delayed showtimes and incorrect times for a few weeks.

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 09-07-2014 03:17 AM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We send them a comma-delimited file every week which they use to import our times. We've been doing this for many years, and have never had anyone even suggest we might have to pay.

Upside of the comma-delimited file is there is virtually no chance for input errors on their end. In all the years we've been doing this, I can't recall any time when they had incorrect times listed which were not from our mistake. Even if we forget to send the file and they try to import last week's, it won't result in incorrect listings because each line has play dates to go with the time.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: