Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Fox is adding first 5 minutes of How to Train Your Dragon 2 to Rio 2 for 4/18

Author Topic: Fox is adding first 5 minutes of How to Train Your Dragon 2 to Rio 2 for 4/18
Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 04-15-2014 02:55 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I received emails from my Fox exhibitor relations people on Monday with graphics to promote the first 5 minutes of How to Train Your Dragon 2 being added to Rio 2 for the weekend of April 18.

From my film booker we were told this will be in addition to the Almost Home short already attached to Rio 2. The HTTYD clip should be on this week's Deluxe Trailer drive.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-15-2014 09:59 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like it's not encrypted either, is it? At least the paperwork doesn't say it is. The trailer drive has both flat and scope versions.

EDIT: Nope not encrypted.

Buck Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2014 09:51 AM      Profile for Buck Wilson   Email Buck Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I don't even know if I should watch it!! SHOULD I WATCH IT?!?!

(HUGE httyd fan)

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-16-2014 09:55 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since it's the "first five minutes," I'll bet it's some sort of madcap action scene anyway so I can't imagine there would be major spoilers.

Terry Lynn-Stevens
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2014 10:23 PM      Profile for Terry Lynn-Stevens   Email Terry Lynn-Stevens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Buck Wilson
EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I don't even know if I should watch it!! SHOULD I WATCH IT?!?!

(HUGE httyd fan)

You have mentioned HTTYD a few times in some of your posts. I wouldn't watch any of the 5 minute spot if you are a huge fan.

Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-28-2014 05:01 PM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im also a HUGE fan of HTTYD and on Yahoo movies you can also view the first 5 minutes. I couldn't contain myself and watched it and now Im super excited to see it!

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-28-2014 05:07 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Technicolor drives have it "unencrypted". The Deluxe drives have it "encrypted." That makes a lot of sense.

Since it's literally the first five minutes of the movie there's not really any worry about spoilers, unlike with a regular trailer, so it's nice from that standpoint. It's your typical flying-type footage with lots of falling type 3-D effects.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: