Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Thor: The Dark World 3D to have 5 minute Captain America featurette

Author Topic: Thor: The Dark World 3D to have 5 minute Captain America featurette
Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 10-16-2013 06:44 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Received this email today from Disney via our film booker.

quote:
Please be aware that a 5-minute featurette of MARVEL’S CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER will be attached to the beginning of all 3D prints of THOR: THE DARK WORLD. The footage will be limited to 3D prints ONLY, in an effort to promote added value for your customers who buy tickets to the 3D format. For scheduling purposes, please keep in mind the running time for the 3D format will be five minutes longer than the 2D version:

112 mins – 2D; 117 mins – 3D.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-16-2013 06:56 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It'd be even better if they said "this footage will ONLY BE ON THE THEATRICAL VERSION. Not the DVD or BluRay. But this is still a nice idea.

Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-16-2013 11:36 PM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to know thanks.

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-21-2013 09:26 AM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup]

(I approve)

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-22-2013 01:35 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am torn on this movie. Our booker is really high on it and thinks we should play it on the break, but it has a 3 week minimum (well really 2 weeks/5 days, since Frozen opens on Wed. the 27th). I just can't see this movie being worth that long playtime for us.... I would rather put in 3 lesser movies, such as Captain Phillips, Escape Plan and Free Birds. Our booker says, "I think you're wrong" and tells me that Thor is "tracking at 22" and we would be crazy not to go with it.

Of course he will do what I tell him to do, but I don't want to make a mistake. Thor is just not the type of movie I like but am I missing something on it? (We did not play the original Thor on the break, and it did just fair business but then again, it's now got the Disney marketing behind it so....)

???

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-22-2013 01:37 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
in an effort to promote added value for your customers who buy tickets to the 3D format
Really? [Roll Eyes]

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 10-22-2013 07:36 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, in addition to paying more to see this movie with sunglasses in an otherwise dark room, you also get to watch a 5 minute trailer? Yeah, that sounds like a good deal. [Razz]

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 10-23-2013 12:08 AM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would never dream of playing any movie for three weeks straight. I would be sitting here by myself after the first ten days, guaranteed.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: