Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » My show times on other web sites

Author Topic: My show times on other web sites
Shawn Tutor
Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2013 11:38 AM      Profile for Shawn Tutor   Email Shawn Tutor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are having a problem with other web sites getting our show times wrong. Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

|  IP: Logged

Tom Wienholt
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2013 12:01 PM      Profile for Tom Wienholt   Email Tom Wienholt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Contact Cinema Source at 203-438-8389. They should be able to fix your times.

Scott Jentsch
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2013 02:10 PM      Profile for Scott Jentsch   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Jentsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which web sites are incorrect?

The two primary data services out there are CinemaSource, like Tom already mentioned, and Tribune Media.

We use CinemaSource, as do quite a few other major web sites. An easy way to see which data service is wrong is to compare showtimes for your theater on our site and Fandango, which uses Tribune.

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 06-24-2013 05:49 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shawn
Just to add to what the others have said, your web master can create a comma delimited file which Cinema Source can use to ensure 100% accuracy on your show times. This is how my theatres have been sending them times for nearly 10 years and the only inaccuracies we see are our own. Email: edm@cinema-source.com

With Tribune Media Services, they have a program you can use on your computer to input your show times, rather than relying on them to get it right. You will need to contact them to get a user name and password. Email: times@nowshowing.com

In both cases, you have to keep in mind that they send their information out to other sites. While Cinema-Source and Tribune Media may have your times correct, Yahoo, Fandango, and other sites may not pick up your times if they are not submitted early enough. This is especially important when you have mid-week openings or if you make schedule changes.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-26-2013 06:49 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another thing you may want to do, as the theatres I deal with have the same problem: Promote your website better with the immediate community.

Most of the customers that attend the theatre in my town, use google to find their info. There is a theatre with the same name, in another state, that was coming up first in the google search. Naturally, they assumed that was our theatre and those were the correct showtimes. That always ended badly.

How are we fixing it? Search Engine Optimization. We put some HTML code on our index page so that our theatre shows up first, over the other theatre's page.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: