Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Securing banners?

Author Topic: Securing banners?
Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2013 12:10 AM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all!

Back in the day I recall we used to just hang our banners up really high or else we were in markets that people didn't steal them.

Just wondering how those of you in particularly sketchy markets keep your materials from walking out the door?

Currently our staff at one location was hanging them with push-pins instead of the appropriate hardware included with the banner and I for one would like to put some permenant anchors in the wall to hang them from however I'm concerned with just one point for it to hang from that folks will do their best to unhook it and walk out with it. So...How do ya'll protect your stuff?!

|  IP: Logged

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 01-25-2013 01:06 AM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At risk of stating the obvious, put the banners in a location where it is within view of your staff.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 01-25-2013 05:50 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have high walls, you can put up tack and pulley hardware up on the ceiling where the wall meets the ceiling and hoist up the banners since they come with one inch dowels.

Use one inch solid conduit to attach the cord that you use with the tack and pulley setup.

Use tie-wraps to secure the dowel to the conduit.

Have the tie offs hardware high enough where the patrons can't reach the cord.

Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-26-2013 02:55 PM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you want something really strong and secure, considering mounting a tie-down rail like you see on the beds of pickups. You can then use a locking anchor that you can set anywhere along the rail to match with the banner's grommets. The only drawback is the aluminum rail will be a little unsightly on your wall, but you could paint it. The only way around this would be if someone cut the vinyl around every grommet.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-28-2013 02:52 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have worked at a few high volume locations in which the film companies provided an actual locked down enclosure for their banners. Yes, for the banners (I am not confusing them with the bus shelter displays that New Line had). We had one at a location in Ft. Lauderdale that was mounted to the wall above our door post. While they were a pain to change out, we never had to worry about banners getting stolen. I'm sure they still exist somewhere.

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-29-2013 03:38 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All good suggestions. Thanks, guys!
Probably we'll move some of them. The problem is the building is multi-level. Out of reach to the first floor is within reach by leaning over the second floor balcony and such.

Thanks again!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: