Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Sound level trouble on "Fun Size"

Author Topic: Sound level trouble on "Fun Size"
Kara J. McVay
Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2012 10:18 AM      Profile for Kara J. McVay   Author's Homepage   Email Kara J. McVay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone else have trouble with the sound level on "Fun Size"? Our trailers and PSA ran at 5 (which is normal for us), when the Music Video came on that Paramount attached to the front of "Fun Size" the volume sounds like it goes way down to like before show music and sounds like I blew an amp. The feature is a bit better but the sound needs to be turned up to 7 (which in my house is really loud) in order to hear anything and still sounds awful, not mixed right or something.
I called Technicolor and they sent a 2nd drive and same thing, even if I live play. All other movies and trailers are fine and it does it in both houses.
I know the movie is a POS but anyone else have problems?

|  IP: Logged

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2012 10:31 AM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same here, but there was a warning sheet from Paramount with our drive. I compromised with running fader at 6. No complaints all weekend.

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 10-29-2012 11:56 AM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What warning was that? "Contains crappy sound"?

The trailer sounds OK here. Did something bad happen when they mixed the actual movie?

Kara J. McVay
Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2012 12:41 PM      Profile for Kara J. McVay   Author's Homepage   Email Kara J. McVay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read the note in the drive case, I see a lot of those notes. Even at 7 it does not matter it is mixed horrible. The music video sounds like it is coming out of a mono system with bad cone in the one speaker [Mad]

Tom Wienholt
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2012 01:43 PM      Profile for Tom Wienholt   Email Tom Wienholt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree...the music video sounds way too low! But the actuall movie level sounds ok. Always run previews and movies at 7 here.

Jason Whyte
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-30-2012 12:13 PM      Profile for Jason Whyte   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Whyte   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Exact same thing happened when I saw it at my cinema locally. I was about to get up and have the volume adjusted, but the feature audio played fine.

If I had my way I'd have that music video taken off...the same song plays during the end credits.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 10-30-2012 02:39 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Tom Wienholt
Always run previews and movies at 7 here.
Movies running at '7' I can understand, but the previews too?

How do you not have your patrons' ears bleeding? [eyes]

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 10-30-2012 05:21 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One word (acronym actually) John:

PASS.

Properly
Aligned
Sound
System.

[Wink] [Big Grin]

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 10-30-2012 07:58 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And everyone knows trailers are mixed at a sensible level! Oh wait.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 10-30-2012 08:17 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL Chris is right on as usual..but, a PASS will allow even the loudest of trailers to play "comfortably" without being harsh or painful. As for obnoxious.......even a PASS can't fix that. [Big Grin]

Buck Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-08-2012 12:42 PM      Profile for Buck Wilson   Email Buck Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Music video portion sounded quiet and awful here as well.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: