Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Excel Spreadsheet for Weekly Concessions

Author Topic: Excel Spreadsheet for Weekly Concessions
Richard Orsak
Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2012 08:45 PM      Profile for Richard Orsak   Email Richard Orsak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had someone do me a sheet to log my weekly concessions item by item. They are long gone and the sheet is all entered manually by hand. I wanted to do an Excel sheet so I can do it on the computer as I currenty do for my weekly Box Office reports.

I can not setup a sheet this complicated with all the cells totalling up the number of items sold and such. Does anyone know of an Excel sheet that would be a good starting point? I could try to lay this out with the physical structure but I have no idea how I would do the formulas as I have no Excel knowledge.

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated!! [Confused]

Richard

|  IP: Logged

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 10-13-2012 09:44 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It shouldn't be that hard if all you want to do is count up items sold and total everything up.

Each row would be a week. Each column would be an item.
Sum the columns and put the result at the bottom.
Sum across the bottom to get your grand totals.

It gets a bit more complicated if you want to track revenue. In that case, you'd need to put in a section with item prices and multiply item counts by the price. Again, not too hard. Just more stuff.

If you want inventory tracking, that's another thing.

If you want to keep track of par stock, that's something else.
(e.g. If you want to automatically order when stock on a certain item goes below a set number.)

How many items do you sell?
(If you track inventory by the cup or bag as most places do, you'll have to include each size.)

None of this is really hard to do, per se but these are things you need to know BEFORE you go designing a spreadsheet.

My old boss was famous for giving vague assignments like "Make a spreadsheet for inventory" but he never told you what he really wanted. After you worked several days, making a spreadsheet, counting inventory and making sure everything was right, he would look at your report and complain that it wasn't right.

Since then, I have learned to be specific about what you ask for.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2012 10:55 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Randy is correct, I've done numerous count sheets and different spreadsheets where I work now. The more info the better for sure. I sent you a PM, Richard.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: