Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Theatre Website Design and Hosting Services...who do you use?

Author Topic: Theatre Website Design and Hosting Services...who do you use?
Richard Orsak
Film Handler

- posted 09-24-2012 06:33 PM      Profile for Richard Orsak   Email Richard Orsak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are not doing the design and day to day service for your theatre site, what companie(s) have you found that do a good job at a reasonable rate?

I am just a single screen so it's not like having to manage
a site for say 12 screens, but I still want something very nice and up with todays technologies.

Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Martin Murray
Film Handler

- posted 09-29-2012 03:14 AM      Profile for Martin Murray   Email Martin Murray   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are now using MODassic marketing for our website design they do a great job and the customer feedback has been very positive. Check it out at www.galaxydriveintheatre.com

Melanie Loggins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2012 02:40 PM      Profile for Melanie Loggins   Author's Homepage   Email Melanie Loggins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had someone local design our site. She uses ours to try out new things she's interested in and in exchange, she designed it and helps me with problems for free. www.majesticonmain.org It's very easy for me to update every week. Do you have someone in your city, especially a graphic designer, who would be willing to trade with you?

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 09-30-2012 03:33 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's nothing particularly magical or difficult about creating a website. Nobody would ever accuse me of being the least bit artistic, but I've created a few dozen websites over the course of time for various purposes -- my tools are a word processor that understands HTML to do the basic layout (OpenOffice, now LibreOffice), a text editor to tweak the layout to be what I want it to be (nedit and/or gedit and/or geany, depending on the complexity of what I'm working on), a drawing/graphic program (GIMP), and a web browser so I can see what the pages look like.

My web pages are pretty basic but they get the job done and the message out.

If you want to do stuff that's fancier than just basic HTML (or if you're planning to do a lot of this sort of thing) it might be worthwhile to obtain and learn to use a dedicated webpage design program. Several, both free and commercial, are listed here.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: