Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » St. Judes Childrens Hospital Thanksgiving PSA

Author Topic: St. Judes Childrens Hospital Thanksgiving PSA
Doug Willming
Film Handler

- posted 09-04-2012 11:56 AM      Profile for Doug Willming   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Willming   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the last few years it has been my pleasure to offer the St. Jude's Thanks & Giving PSAs on our lobby programs. This year, as digital cinema has become more prevalent for independent theatres (whether you like it or not!), I have offered to help find indy theatres that would be willing to run the spot as a DCP in their preshow. My contact at St. Jude's (Barbara West) has confirmed that, although they contact the major circuits, they don't have the resources to contact smaller circuits and independent theatres.

For those of you who are not familiar with St. Jude's, I have copied below from my email:

Since opening 50 years ago, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital has changed the way the world treats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
No family ever pays St. Jude for the care their child receives and, for every child treated here, thousands more have been saved worldwide through St. Jude discoveries.
The hospital has played a pivotal role in pushing U.S. pediatric cancer survival rates from 20 to 80 percent overall, and is the first and only National Cancer Institute-designated
Comprehensive Cancer Center devoted to children. It is also a leader in the research and treatment of blood disorders and infectious diseases in children.
St. Jude was founded by the late entertainer Danny Thomas, who believed that no child should die in the dawn of life.
Join that mission by visiting stjude.org or following us on facebook.com/stjude and twitter.com/stjude.

The annual spot is an tasteful awareness campaign that features Jennifer Aniston, Robin Williams, and other celebrities. I'm told it will be available in 30 and 60 second lengths. It is requested that the spot run on your screens from 11/16 to 12/31.

The PSA DCP would be delivered to your theatre on a thumb drive prior to these dates. If you would be willing to take part in this campaign, please contact me by either replying to this post with your theatre address, or, since email addresses are verboten here on the forum, if you would go to my contact page at preshowproductions.com and email me, I can either forward your name and address to St. Jude's or would be happy to give you Barbara's email to contact her directly.

Thanks for your time reading this post and appreciation if you can help out.

Doug Willming
PreShow Productions

|  IP: Logged

Adam Holland
Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2012 04:33 PM      Profile for Adam Holland   Email Adam Holland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are a single screen in Northeast Louisiana and found out about the program at the Tri-State show and have been glad to participate for the last three years. By the way this year's spot is changed up some and is great!!! Good Job Mr. Doug

Doug Willming
Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2012 08:51 AM      Profile for Doug Willming   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Willming   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why, thank you, Mr. Adam. I've had the good fortune to have raised 3 healthy kids and can't imagine what it must be like as a parent to have a child with a life-threatening illness. I've always thought the St. Jude's spots to be done in good taste and a reminder to peeps what the holiday season is supposed to be about. Glad to hear you participate and thanks to a few of you other guys out there that contacted me. The DCPs are ready if anyone else wants to run it, just let me know.

Chase Taylor
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-26-2012 07:13 PM      Profile for Chase Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Chase Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would love for my two theatres to play the spot. Just one thumb drive will be needed.

Continental Cinema Corporation
Attn: Chase Taylor
450 US Hwy 231 N
PO Box 207
Troy, Al 36081

Thanks for letting me know of the opportunity!

Chase

Doug Willming
Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2012 06:59 AM      Profile for Doug Willming   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Willming   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Chase - will get it out to you!

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 10-31-2012 05:42 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guess I am hearing no 35mm prints were struck? Does it come on BluRay or DVD for theatre that only have ECinema?

Doug Willming
Film Handler

- posted 10-31-2012 06:15 AM      Profile for Doug Willming   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Willming   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank, yes I'm told 35mm. prints are available, so let me know where to have them sent if needed. A high definition Quicktime can be downloaded for Bluray or DVD copies here: https://rcpt.yousendit.com/1762711677/25a80bb9be69cdc71fdfc25b3d02f5a6

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: