Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Dolphin Seating

Author Topic: Dolphin Seating
Mike Frese
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-01-2012 04:59 PM      Profile for Mike Frese   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Frese   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have any experience with seats from Dolphin seating. I know the Epic Theaters has used them in some of the newer installations. They are quite a bit cheaper than most of the rest.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-01-2012 05:18 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think they are Chinese-made, which accounts for the price. I've seen them at trade shows, they look OK but nothing better than you would expect.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 05-02-2012 06:44 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The advantage with Dolphin Seating is there is no spring or other form of seat return mechanism that's willing to break inside the seat pan.

Dolphin uses a simple weighted section inside the seat pan that uses the pendulum method to return the seat upwards when not occupied.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 05-02-2012 08:01 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah; but how confortable can a Dolphin be? Louis

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 05-03-2012 12:52 AM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do they come contaminated with tuna?

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 05-03-2012 01:46 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then there's the whole thing needing to watch a movie in a swinsuit.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 05-03-2012 03:22 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just tell him to stay away from RGS seating.

Ian Parfrey
Phenomenal Film Handler

From: Imbil Australia 26 deg 27' 42.66" S 152 deg 42' 23.40" E

- posted 05-03-2012 05:45 AM      Profile for Ian Parfrey   Email Ian Parfrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do they call the tilting mechanism 'The Flipper'?

Mike Frese
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2012 11:08 AM      Profile for Mike Frese   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Frese   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Louis for changing the discussion!

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-03-2012 11:56 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re the springless mechanism that Louis speaks of: Lots of companies are doing that now. I know Greystone seats have it. It's just a weight in the back of the seat pan that makes it tilt back when the user stands up. Definitely a plus but not exclusive to Dolphin.

Andrew Thomas
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-16-2012 03:22 PM      Profile for Andrew Thomas   Email Andrew Thomas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys, I'm in the process of putting together all the costs on a theater rehab and am trying to find a good source of seating. I think I've found some decent options for new seating, but does anybody have any good sources for used seating? Thanks.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-16-2012 07:20 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get a copy of Boxoffice, there are always some good leads in the classifieds

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: