Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Gold Medal 2011ENB Popcorn Machine - Load Indicator Lamp

Author Topic: Gold Medal 2011ENB Popcorn Machine - Load Indicator Lamp
Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2012 12:05 AM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a Gold Medal 32oz. "Pop-O-Gold" popper with the yellow "Load/Dump Indicator" lamp on the overhead switch panel. Tonight ours blew up... sparks, burnt wires, the whole bit. After taking off the lid to the machine and tracking down the source of the sparks and burnt wiring smell, I found that one of the spade connectors on the back of the indicator lamp had burnt off and was arcing to other pieces of metal inside the machine.

The lamp holder is fried, and the bulb inside is gone. Can anybody tell me what the correct voltage for a replacement would be? 120V? 12V? I've got the schematic, but I can't tell from looking at it what voltage it is.

It looks like THIS

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 04-21-2012 03:11 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
120v,

if there is no stepdown transformer to illuminate a 12v bulb..and esp if it took out the one connector and made that much damage underneath the cover where no 12v supply could do such.

Eric Robinson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2012 10:51 PM      Profile for Eric Robinson   Email Eric Robinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That doesn't look like the standard lamp for that machine. I would call Gold Medal and order a whole new one if I was you. And it is 120VAC. The wiring on these machines is just plain scary! [Eek!]

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2012 11:02 AM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eric... you're right. I did find a semi-replacement lamp and socket for the machine on Saturday morning, but the quality of the Radio Shack part was nothing compared to the original Gold Medal part.

A little more research over the weekend, and it looks like when the wire burnt off the lamp socket it shorted itself against the logic control board. Luckily for us we have a Gold Medal distribution office 30 miles away in Nashville. Talked to them this morning and they have all of the necessary parts in stock. Should be back up and running by Tuesday afternoon.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: