Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Haiti Drive-in

Author Topic: Haiti Drive-in
Andres Meira
Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2012 03:20 PM      Profile for Andres Meira   Email Andres Meira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been living in Haiti for 2 years and there is not a single cinema in the whole country ! People prefer to be outdoors here, and cars are everywhere, so I am building a drive-in.

The audio will be via FM transmitter, and I am considering several options for a 10-12k lumens projector... costs are quite high...

I will be commissioning some locals to put together a steel frame for the screen, please can someone here advise on the best way to calculate screen size ? does it relate to the power of hte projector, or the layout of cars ?

Any tips on what board material and finish I would need for this would be appreciated !

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Cameron Glendinning
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2012 08:50 PM      Profile for Cameron Glendinning   Email Cameron Glendinning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All you need to know about drive ins

drive in workshop

As for how bright a projector, the size of screen and ambient light levels are needed for a decent suggestion.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: