Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » UDITOA Fall Gathering And February Convention

Author Topic: UDITOA Fall Gathering And February Convention
J.T Mellor
Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2011 10:34 PM      Profile for J.T Mellor   Email J.T Mellor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
UDITOA Fall Gathering and Annual Convention and trade show

To insure that there is no confusion
There are two Drive-in theatre groups out there The DITA group is hosting there event as described in the announcement that has been posted.

The United Drive In Theatre Owners Association will be having its annual Fall Gathering Friday November 11th thru Sunday November 13th. This has been an unofficial End of the Season event for all of the member Drive-In owners.

The annual Convention and Trade show will be the first full week of February 2012 held in Kissimmee Florida.
Tentative convention highlights include

Monday February 6th Registration/meet and greet, mini golf tournament

Tuesday February 7th Trade show day Vendors for all Drive-In needs including Digital Projection

Wednesday February 8th UDITOA Members only Business meeting.

Thursday February 9th Morning product preview, Evening Banquet

Friday February 10th still in planning event or trip

The Convention is still in the planning stages; information for Drive-in owners and vendors is available. Send me your information and I will see that all current information is sent for your consideration.

|  IP: Logged

Justin West
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-05-2011 03:02 PM      Profile for Justin West   Email Justin West   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John is right...while a good number of UDITOA members are also DITA members, the two groups are not related. UDITOA's fall gathering is a yearly event occurring this coming weekend (at fellow DITA members' Jim and Megan Kopp's "Family Drive-In" in Stephens City, VA). It's open to UDITOA members and non-members alike and is a great way to meet and socialize with other drive-in operators. The DITA meet, on the other hand, which just concluded in Dallas this weekend, leaned more towards education and communication, disseminating all of the latest information on issues affecting drive-in operators (primarily digital projection)...and it was only open to DITA members.

J.T Mellor
Film Handler

- posted 11-06-2011 11:19 AM      Profile for J.T Mellor   Email J.T Mellor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Justin,

I understand your event went very well , Kudos

For those interested in joining the convention in February as a member or a vendor at the trade show send me an e-mail or contact the UDITOA thru the web site or by phone [I'm not sure if I can post the e-mail and phone number here]

The UDITOA convention usually has 100 plus members each year.
One of the primary events will be the change to Digital cinema and how the Drive-In can make the change.

All of the vendors at the DITA are certanly welcome to join us in February

Cheers,
John M

J.T Mellor
Film Handler

- posted 11-13-2011 06:10 PM      Profile for J.T Mellor   Email J.T Mellor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For those vendors or members that need information about the February Convention in Kissimmiee Florida you can e-mail the admisitative secretary at info@uditoa.org

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: