Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » RTS and ".zti" files

Author Topic: RTS and ".zti" files
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-21-2011 10:25 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For all you RTS users:

The software has a function that sends an email report, which I got to work -- but the file it sends has a "zti" extension. How do I open this file? Do I need to install RTS's remote software to see it?

A Google search didn't turn up anything and I tried opening it in Notepad with no results there either.

|  IP: Logged

David E. Nedrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-21-2011 11:39 PM      Profile for David E. Nedrow   Author's Homepage   Email David E. Nedrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, I take it you've opened it and it's not ASCII? If it's a binary file, then you've got a problem.

For some reason, I thought the mail option was specifically targeted at one or more reporting scenarios, i.e. something a distributor can open.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-22-2011 12:08 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I tried it in Notepad and also tried the windows "search for a program to open this file" and no results there either. (Not that that ever works.)

RTS has this field where you can put in an email address and you can send the ticket report, or the deposit report or both. I don't know why it doesn't just send a PDF by I haven't found that option...you can export the reports as PDFs but it doesn't automatically send those -- just these "zti" things.

I'll call their tech support people tomorrow about this but was hoping somebody here would know. I don't like calling them, their support people usually act as if getting calls is a big interruption to their day.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-22-2011 12:39 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Update: You just have to have a "remote" copy of RTS to open the files. So that's that.

I still think it should be able to send a PDF though -- say, I could send a BOR to a studio automatically without having to manually do it. (Or is there a way I've overlooked?)

Jake Spell
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2011 10:44 PM      Profile for Jake Spell   Email Jake Spell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I asked RTS about this as well and the only way is to do an export of the report. These files are for backup purposes so I was told.

There is a way to send both BORs and Rentrak numbers. You need to have the email communications setup as well as the studios correct email. For Rentrak you need to email them to get the ID and password. RTS tech support can help if you get stuck. Iv found that the help file as well as playing around with the software helps me find all its hidden features.

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 08-22-2011 11:41 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Password?? I send my nightly box office total to Rentrak at a regular email address, using my email client program. No password required.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-22-2011 11:45 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It already communicates with Rentrak. What I want is for it to send the BOR to the appropriate studios automatically on each Thursday. I guess I will bite the bullet and call the tech support.

Ky Boyd
Hey I'm #23

- posted 08-23-2011 08:03 PM      Profile for Ky Boyd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, when you have run the box office report, hit the export button and select pdf to e-mail, then type in the appropriate studios email addresss. One of RTS' lamest features is the lack of an address book for e-mailing pdf reports, but at least you can e-mail pdfs.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-23-2011 09:25 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's basically what I do -- except I just save the report, then use my email client to send it. I would just like to automate the process. I'm amazed they don't have that hidden in there somewhere.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: