Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Google Movie Showtimes are wrong

Author Topic: Google Movie Showtimes are wrong
David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-20-2011 12:42 AM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I type in "movies ashburton" Google displays listings for our town/region.
However the actual movies are largely correct, the times are wrong.
Is there any way to fix this? Or anyone I should contact?

Cheers

|  IP: Logged

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 07-20-2011 02:52 AM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Google uses Cinema-Source for their show times. Your times might also listed incorrectly on Yahoo and MovieFone.

I email a comma separated text file to edm@cinema-source.com every week with my show times. I can't remember the last time one of the above mentioned sites had something listed wrong. I have found Cinema-Source to be very responsive to dealing with issues. I don't know if they can put you directly in touch with Google, but they should be able to resolve your issue.

You can also email a pdf of your show times, but it probably is not as reliable as a comma file.

For what it's worth, the other major listing service is NowShowing.com. They feed Fandango, IMDb, and others. I email a schedule to them at times@nowshowing.com.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: