Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Theatre club Cards works for me

Author Topic: Theatre club Cards works for me
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 06-12-2011 09:50 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been very loyal to Consolidated Theatres here in Hawaii almost all my life for many reasons. Most of all because they were the operator of the theatre in my home town and at one time, they had the best theatres until Regal Eenertainment came to town. In my opinion, Consolidated's Ward Centre in Honolulu is still the best theatre complex in the state but Regal's Dole Cannery 18 and their Pearl Highland theatres are almost as good. The (LieMax) IMAX at the Dole is far superior to Consolidated's Ward's TItan XC screen and House #12 at the Pearl High Land with their 4K Sony system and Real D is the best place in my opinion to watch a 3-D film.

I patronize Regal Theatres most of the time now because of their Regal Crown Club. I have a card and despite the fact that I do not see too many movies in a theatre , I have already earned three candy bars, two cartons of pop corn and two free movie tickets. Except for the time when I used to get a lot of free movies passes when one of my very dear friend was Vice President of Theatre Operations when Pacific Theatres operated Consolidated for many years, I get nothing now when I see a movie at a Consolidated theatre. The only time I see a movie at a Consolidated theatre is when they have an exclusive run of a film I want to see.

I think Regal promotion with their Regal Crown Club is fantastic and if Consolidated had something similar, I probably would go to their theatres more often.

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 06-12-2011 10:04 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the "RCC" club is quite the deal! Only thing you have to remember that the "Free Movie" ticket that you get with being a member of the RCC Club is only good for "non restricted" movies.

Please make sure that you read the fine print on the tix itself of the conditions associated with any of these "RCC" coupons.

Please ask a manager(the people with the gold name badges and are in business attire) for details and any questions on how this program really works...for it's definitely a "win-win" for the guest who attend the REG locations.

Good luck - Monte

Caleb Johnstone-Cowan
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2011 06:39 PM      Profile for Caleb Johnstone-Cowan   Email Caleb Johnstone-Cowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How long has it been going for? We have something very similar in operation. Our scheme is probably better than Regal Crown Club, you can use it on new, RealD and IMAX Digital presentations, and we do a lot of bonus offers. It definitely rewards the regulars and families who visit for the odd blockbuster.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 06-13-2011 09:27 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used my first Regal free movie ticket to see a 3-D film in Real D by just paying the difference between my senior $7.00 admission and $11.00 for the 3-D. I am planning to use my 2nd free ticket to see SUPER 8 in Digital IMAX at the Dole this weekend by also paying the difference.

-Claude

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 06-13-2011 09:54 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Caleb Johnstone-Cowan
How long has it been going for?
Regal's had the cub card thing for many years now. Probably getting close to, if not already exceeding, 10 years.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: