Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » White Castle Burgers?

Author Topic: White Castle Burgers?
Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-08-2011 03:46 PM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are any of you managers selling White Castle burgers? If so how are they doing and what's the customer's response?

|  IP: Logged

Cameron Andrews
Film Handler

- posted 06-08-2011 05:36 PM      Profile for Cameron Andrews   Email Cameron Andrews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have also been looking at them. Please also tell us how you prepare them (steamer or microwave)

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 06-08-2011 08:51 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Valle Drive-In in Newton, IA is selling them. I should have ordered some to see what they're doing with them.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 06-08-2011 09:29 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are made 1 block from my office. If weather conditions are right, they sure smell great! Loui

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 06-08-2011 10:00 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They have a hidden cost -- extra cleaning crew for the rest rooms. You see, if your patrons eat them at the beginning of a two hour movie, they only take just under an hour and a half to go right thru your system. They are more volatile than eating a few bars of Exlax.

For stuff that is so bad for you (40% hard, saturated fat), it is simply amazing how good they taste. I don't know anyone who doesn't love them; my two nephews eat dozens of them at a sitting. Then it's off the bathroom for more sitting. But as good as they taste, your body will punish you severely in a little over and a half.

Just call em White Castle's Revenge!

Mike Frese
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-08-2011 10:49 PM      Profile for Mike Frese   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Frese   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steaming them is by far the preferred way to prepare them. Steam units can be had pretty cheaply online. The issue......they are pretty high priced in my opinion. Cost is approx. $.54 each from Sam's Club which is where the White Castle rep told me to get them.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-09-2011 12:01 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have been selling them at all our locations for over two years, everyone that gets them seem to love them. There really not that bad, I enjoyed them the one time I got them. We prepare them in an Amana oven, take a little over 30 seconds to prepare. I will say they are a little pricy, we sell them for $4 per two burgers. They come with cheese, onion, burger.

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-09-2011 08:43 AM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Columbus, OH is the home of White Castle...the Ingram family has run that business here for a long time.

I think the Marcus theatres here sell them, also 2 for $4.00. That $4 would buy 6 sliders at a White Castle place ($.64 each).

I make sure to do a preemptive strike by taking an antacid before eating them.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 06-09-2011 10:45 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They don't call 'em "sliders" for nuttin'. Louis

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-17-2011 07:20 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rectum Rockets...

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-18-2011 08:07 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to buy a bag of TEN (10) and eat them all. That was before 2006, when I had all the fun happen to me.

Krystal is still fairly big in the south. AFAIK, they are the same burger.

I'd be willing to try them at the theatre. They smell so good when they are cooking!

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 07-18-2011 11:26 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You either love'em or hate'em.

They once ran an ad showing a guy bringing about 50 onto a jet liner. Half wanted to throw up and the other half wanted to have one. Louis

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-18-2011 12:29 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are those things made out of the same kind of "burger" as the Deli Express sandwiches? I really like the Deli Express Char Broil Deluxe but they definitely do weird things to my insides...you don't want to be in an enclosed space with me after I've eaten one of those.

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 07-18-2011 02:38 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We sell them microwaved to order at our drive-in. We don't move a ton of them, but they sell well enough given a zero waste factor and minimal storage space required.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: