Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Bleeding soda lines (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Bleeding soda lines
David E. Nedrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2011 01:24 PM      Profile for David E. Nedrow   Author's Homepage   Email David E. Nedrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of our bib's was emptied a couple of weeks ago, and when I replaced it, I noticed there is a large "embolism" at the highest point in the line coming from the pump to the dispenser.

I can't clear the line by pumping soda, as the amount of syrup that is pulled is never enough to fill the top of the line, thereby pushing the air through the system.

I don't think it's a problem, but it's "one of those things" for me.

Does anyone have any direction on bleeding the line(s)?

-David

|  IP: Logged

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 05-25-2011 01:54 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your soda lines are bleeding you need to call an exorcist, not a technician! [evil] [Wink]

I would think that the way to "exorcise" the air out of the lines would be to lower the spot in the lines so that the air can escape. Otherwise, you'll have to disconnect them and manually reprime the system.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 05-25-2011 10:18 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sounds like the syrup pump, or in the switching devices went bad - in any case, call up your soda supplier since they have maintance crew to handle issues in this area .. it's their equipment, not yours.

Jake Spell
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2011 11:06 PM      Profile for Jake Spell   Email Jake Spell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Iv seen this on coke and pepsi. Normaly not a problem unless you have a lot of sodas that are improperly mixed(too much water not enough syrup due to the air) then I would leave it be. Otherwise call the soda co. They will come out for free and fix it.

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 05-26-2011 12:22 AM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Free service calls? That must depend on where you are.

Around here, I get charged $50 for a service call. It's their equipment so they don't charge me for parts but I pay $50 to have them come here.

They will come once per year for free to do "preventive maintenance", which basically means that they dust off the vents and wash the valves. Anything that comes up after that, cough up $50.

A couple of years ago I checked with "the competition" and they told me that they charge $50 for service calls too.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 05-26-2011 10:53 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Especially in soda companies: everything is negotiable. I have customers who got free ice machines along with free repairs when they switched to "the other" cola company or back. A few negotiate a 2 year contract with no increases allowed on product. Louis

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-26-2011 11:40 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Louis Bornwasser
I have customers who got free ice machines along with free repairs when they switched to "the other" cola company or back.
Yes, but then you are forcing "the other" cola onto your guests. I understand I am in the minority that many people will take whatever is being forced upon them, but I generally avoid establishments that serves Pepsi and I know I am not alone in that. It gives me headaches.

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2011 02:57 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have a good relationship with your local rep and you have a decent volume usage you should be able to negotiate on getting free service calls. But I guess this would also depend on if you are out in the middle of nowhere.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-26-2011 05:59 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've always gotten free service calls, despite being out here in Podunk Land 80 miles from the Pepsi warehouse. I suspect this is regional. We've had Pepsi since 1980 and never had a reason to switch, so we've had no negotiations.

(Don't worry Brad, if you ever make it to this part of the country, we'll put some Coke in the fridge.)

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-26-2011 06:03 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
You serve Pepsi and will allow me to bring in a fountain Coke product from the gas station since you don't serve the soda I drink? Now THAT's an awesome theater! [thumbsup]

I'm going to have to visit you now.

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-27-2011 11:34 PM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are Coke all the way and about 100km from the service centre. We have 3 monthly service calls and 4 hour timeframe when (not often) things turn to custard.

Jeff Taylor
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-28-2011 09:44 AM      Profile for Jeff Taylor   Email Jeff Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One other gimmick to try is that one theater I used to lease out managed to squeeze several thousand six-packs from the Coke distributor for a promotion where they would be handed out one per family on the way out of the theater. That's a version of the same type of promotion we've done with shopping malls in return for exclusive placement of soda vending machines.

David E. Nedrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-02-2011 02:48 PM      Profile for David E. Nedrow   Author's Homepage   Email David E. Nedrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Louis Bornwasser
Especially in soda companies: everything is negotiable. I have customers who got free ice machines
We own our equipment, so repairs are on our side. But, this morning I talked to our Dr. Pepper-Snapple sales rep and he is going to send out a 52" wide, 7' cooler with sliding doors. No charge, as we'll be selling a selection of their bottled product. We have RC, Diet Rite, 7-Up, etc. on the fountain, but people are always after energy drinks, diet un-colas, etc.

And, they don't have a problem with us using half of it for beer. Yay!

David

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 06-05-2011 05:40 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My point is: YOU do not need to pay for acquiring or servicing equipment that is made to sell/market someone else's product. They will do that FOR you, just to get in the door. Louis

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-05-2011 11:54 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Think about the last 100 years with film equipment Louis. [Razz]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: