Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Updated 2010 Regal Roller Coaster Policy (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Updated 2010 Regal Roller Coaster Policy
David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 11-08-2010 12:26 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are lots of threads about policy trailers but none seems to fit. [Shrug]

Some people probably hated it but the Regal Roller Coaster policy was always one of my favorites. Regal recently brought it back in an updated version and I still like it. Sounds great when played on the DCI system and not the inferior FirstLook preshow.

Regal Roller Coaster Policy 2010 in HD

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 11-08-2010 02:33 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...and it's soon will be available in 3D.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-08-2010 03:29 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, who cares? I saw it on a recent movie I watched at Regal and I immediately wondered why anyone would make such a fuss about it. Hell, even the UA Hallway was better. If the policy trailer is one of the high points of your moviegoing experience, something else is seriously wrong.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 11-08-2010 03:31 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wait for it... Wait for it... Yes! I predicted it correctly.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-08-2010 05:28 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you predicted correctly, why even bother posting?

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 11-08-2010 06:14 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, why are you having some kind of problem with me in particular today because I like the Regal Roller Coaster and thought it interesting and possibly of interest to others that they brought back an updated version of it? Shall I bump up a bunch of old threads about other policy trailers that people liked so you can trash them too?

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 11-08-2010 08:20 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..even the old MANN Theatres and the Cineplex Odeon policy tags were pretty good ... in their days..

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 11-08-2010 08:28 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't mind the roller coaster policy trailer. I've certainly seen worse!

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-08-2010 08:38 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite was the Pepsi Girl policy with Jack Palance as her voice.

Eric Hooper
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-09-2010 11:49 AM      Profile for Eric Hooper   Email Eric Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are they running the roller coaster on the pre-show before the trailers, or are they running it between the trailers and the movie?

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 11-09-2010 01:44 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the pre-shows (the "Firstlook" presentations), it's place towards the end, but there is still a couple of ads before the "Sprint Feature presentation/silence your cellphones" tag.

Emma Tomiak
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-09-2010 03:36 PM      Profile for Emma Tomiak   Author's Homepage   Email Emma Tomiak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was quite pleased when I showed up for work and the Regal Roller Coaster was back. It was a nice surprise, since we hadn't had any sort of notification that they were updating it. It's good to have a policy back again. It's hardly the best, but it's better than nothing.

Ky Boyd
Hey I'm #23

- posted 11-09-2010 08:25 PM      Profile for Ky Boyd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen this a couple of times on recent visits to Regal. They've never gotten out of the old movies are either a ride or space trip motif. I thought it seemed really dated and frankly dismissive of the power and breadth of movies, but then again, I'm an arthouse guy. At least no one's head is popping up out of the popcorn. That one was probably the worst policy trailer ever in my book. I've never been able to find an on-line version of my favorite trailer which is actually a festival trailer for the 2004 Toronto International Film Festival. It was really great. The theme of it was "See the World."

Just my opinion and yet the trailer remains the same.

I miss the old AMC Clip policy trailers. The Coca-Cola drive-in intermission ad about going down a dusty road was always a fave too.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-09-2010 10:21 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: David Stambaugh
Joe, why are you having some kind of problem with me in particular today because I like the Regal Roller Coaster blah blah blah
Nope. The only thing I didn't like from you is your second post which was just nonsensical. But regarding the Regal Rollercoaster, I have been seeing it all over Facebook with people geeking out over how mega-fantastic it is that this AMAZING roller coaster policy trailer is now back. It's not just you. People are actually going out of their way to mention it. It really seems to enhance their lives as a whole. It truly baffles the hell out of me.

The old Mann Theaters policy trailer, though featuring crude graphics, was one of my favorites... the one with the older, curved Mann logo. Cool music and none of the sci-fi/amusement park ride motif that plagues so many other policy trailers. I kind of like the UA Magic Hat as well, though it can get annoying.

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 11-10-2010 01:40 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think people get excited by this because it's something they remember from ten years ago when probably many of the people on facebook were kids. I know I would be excited if Regal made the distinction to play ANY of the old UA trailers at their UA branded theatres just because I remember seeing them for the short time I worked for UA. Pacific Theatres still shows their policy trailers (last time I was at one) and it makes me happy because it's what I saw growing up.

I think that with the invention of the digital pre-show many of chains have lost whatever differentiation they had between one chain and the next. I think it's good that AMC has their weird stadium auditorium turing into a forest, it reminds people that they're not at a Regal, Cinemark or other chain that uses the NCN preshow.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: