Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Paranormal IMAX Activity (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Paranormal IMAX Activity
Joseph L. Kleiman
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2010 09:00 PM      Profile for Joseph L. Kleiman   Email Joseph L. Kleiman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is very weird. I've been monitoring this on my blog. Advance tickets are already being sold both domestically and internationally for a digital IMAX release of Paranormal Activity 2. But it hasn't officially been announced yet. I can understand waiting due to both the announcements of HP going 2D and TRON Night, but seriously, there's only 9 days to go and advance sales are already taking place. Weird.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-13-2010 09:35 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's true... the LIEMAX part anyway. Should look great considering the movie was shot on a handheld VHS-C camcorder.

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2010 10:20 PM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd HATE to see this on a very large screen, I thought the first movie was going to make me violently ill - the cinema verite, camera movement near the end, I thought I was going to spew my popcorn from sheer motion sickness nausea.

and IMAX-Digital for a film that was shot on a crappy DV camera - oh come on, I could think of more visually worthy films for the big screen experience.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 10-13-2010 11:15 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shitty movie is shitty, whether it's on a big screen or not.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2010 11:48 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry but can we please change the title to LieMAX or Digital IMAX, don't soil the brand with this crap.

Jake Spell
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2010 12:57 AM      Profile for Jake Spell   Email Jake Spell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why not? When they insist on doing it themselves...

As far as the movie, just another way get more $$$ out of the consumer.

John Joseph Fink
Film Handler

- posted 10-15-2010 09:33 AM      Profile for John Joseph Fink   Author's Homepage   Email John Joseph Fink   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This makes no sense at all. I remember when the first came out in Buffalo (which I went to at Midnight on Thursday) and was presented with for an option for an extra $2: 35MM in the IMAX auditorium. I'm an advocate for seeing films with the largest possible audience so I asked "well which one is more filled" - the answer - more people were seeing it in the non-IMAX. The IMAX had about 12 seats sold. I took the cheap option because I'm thinking seeing this kind of film that a large screen wasn't made for. I think it'd be creepier to watch it on an iPhone in the dark than to see it in IMAX.

It should also be noted that as of yesterday the Paranormal Activity website didn't even list an IMAX Experience.

Kyle Butler
Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2010 04:03 AM      Profile for Kyle Butler   Email Kyle Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a joke.
Who the hell even thought of something this stupid?

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2010 04:39 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now that we have Kyle's opinion on record, we can all sleep better...

Thank you for your contribution ... and the answer is a studio executive that probably has a 6-figure salary.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 10-17-2010 05:28 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which is probably 5-figures too much.

Kyle Butler
Film Handler

- posted 10-18-2010 03:41 AM      Profile for Kyle Butler   Email Kyle Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey buddy, lose the internet attitude.

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-18-2010 09:48 AM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree... alot of the website forums I frequent and contribute to, do not allow threadcrapping - it's just snarky and rude.

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-18-2010 01:09 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No attitude here ...buddy.

Caleb Johnstone-Cowan
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-22-2010 12:13 AM      Profile for Caleb Johnstone-Cowan   Email Caleb Johnstone-Cowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kyle may call whoever thought of putting PA2 in IMAX Digital screens 'stupid', but they're delivering an opportunity to exhibitors during a gap in the North American IMAX Digital schedule that will put bums on seats and combos in hands over Halloween.

Manny Montes
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-22-2010 01:51 PM      Profile for Manny Montes   Email Manny Montes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True, Legend of the Guardians has gone stale in IMAX 3D and they needed something to hold them over until 11/05 when Megamind comes out.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: