Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Gone With The Wind Trailer

Author Topic: Gone With The Wind Trailer
Adam Holland
Film Handler

- posted 08-29-2010 06:26 PM      Profile for Adam Holland   Email Adam Holland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We will be playing GONE WITH THE WIND later this month in an effort to shake up the fall line-up. Does anyone know where I could find a 35 mm trailer of this film. I would love to start showing it before our coming movies in the next few weeks. I know this is a long shot but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam Holland
Director
W.C. Chamber of Commerce/Fiske Theatre
Oak Grove, La.

|  IP: Logged

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 08-29-2010 08:17 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you'll probably have an easier time taking something from youtube, getting it onto a DVD, and then play that at the appropriate portion of your trailer pack, assuming you have a DVD player and video projector.

Carl Martin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-30-2010 03:04 AM      Profile for Carl Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
with all the rereleases these aren't so rare on ebay. you may have to pay $50-$100 for it though, if one comes up by the time you need it.

Jack Theakston
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-30-2010 05:48 AM      Profile for Jack Theakston   Email Jack Theakston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a trailer you're welcome to, but unfortunately, it's the 70mm/stereophonic sound re-issue trailer, which you're hopefully not playing.

Richard P. May
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-30-2010 09:31 AM      Profile for Richard P. May   Email Richard P. May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Over the years there were several types of trailer for GWTW, beginning with a teaser for the original release, and expanding to quite a gaudy production for the 1961 "Civil War Centennial" relesse.
I would think that something downloaded from You Tube would look pretty bad when projected on a large screen. These are bad enough just full screen on a computer.
It's possible that the DVD has one or more of the trailers as supplements. It's worth checking.

John Stewart
Film Handler

- posted 08-31-2010 02:47 AM      Profile for John Stewart   Email John Stewart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're getting your 35mm print from Warner Classics, try them. They might have a trailer.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: