Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » E-Cash?

Author Topic: E-Cash?
David E. Nedrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-27-2010 06:46 PM      Profile for David E. Nedrow   Author's Homepage   Email David E. Nedrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone else run across these e-cash vouchers and coupons? All of a sudden, I've got people coming in trying to redeem them. I've never heard of it, but I verified that we've somehow become listed as a theatre that accepts them.

I contacted the company that runs the program and am waiting to hear how we got added to the list.

The vouchers are OK. We can accept those since they are basically a single-use credit card number. The coupons are the problem, since I have zero information on redeeming them, and probably wouldn't accept them even if we did. Since I pay our weekly rental every Thursday night, I need my admission fee now, not some indeterminate point in the future.

-David

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-27-2010 06:48 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have always taken these things. I've never had a problem getting the $ for them. I like the ones that have a credit card number on them the best, but most of the others can just be deposited like a check.

David E. Nedrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-27-2010 07:13 PM      Profile for David E. Nedrow   Author's Homepage   Email David E. Nedrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike,

Thanks for the info.

It mostly just irritates me that we magically appeared on their list of participating theatres without our being contacted about the program.

-David

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-27-2010 08:54 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think we're on the list but people bring in those coupons assuming we are, so I figure we might as well accept them since they work just like a credit card (or check).

Or maybe we ARE on the list and I don't know it! ... [Confused]

Manny Montes
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2010 04:19 AM      Profile for Manny Montes   Email Manny Montes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, for the check ones you just put the amount of your admission, and deposit it like a normal check.

Not sure why you got added randomly though?

Mike Frese
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2010 07:42 PM      Profile for Mike Frese   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Frese   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Easy money!

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2010 09:38 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ECash theatre listings are a confused MESS. Here is what I found:

I just looked at the E-Cash Theatre Locator given by Google search.

David, on this list your theatre is listed as the Drexel Grandview. They also still have the Arena Grand listed as Drexel management. So this must be a holdover from the Frank days.

BUT....

There is also another theatre list given by the ECash FAQ! The Grandview is NOT on that list.

Mike, the Roxy is listed on the page linked from Google, but not from the one on the ECash FAQ.

There is an email address in the ECash FAQ that might help get things straight for you.

David E. Nedrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2010 09:55 PM      Profile for David E. Nedrow   Author's Homepage   Email David E. Nedrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

I wondered if that might be it, but just haven't had time to check their website. Thanks for doing so. I've noticed that some studios still list the Arena Grand as the "Drexel Arena Grand" in co-op advertising.

At least the E-Cash thing has turned out to be a "plus". Better than trying to explain to the over 90 (as in age) crowd why we don't accept Drexel passes. [Wink]

-David

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 08-29-2010 01:09 AM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Earlier on, one of those companies had a "check" that you had to send in for redemption. We didn't like (or take) those.

Otherwise, the ones you can deposit and the ones with credit card numbers are really no problem, other than you have to enter the numbers by hand.

Our customers like the programs a lot, and we've had no troubles with any of it.

As for being listed: I called one company and asked to be included. Otherwise, I don't know that it makes much difference. If somebody has a certificate, they'll probably take it to their favorite theatre and give it a try, whether the theatre is "listed" or not.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: