Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » I loves me some INCEPTION

Author Topic: I loves me some INCEPTION
David E. Nedrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-05-2010 10:04 PM      Profile for David E. Nedrow   Author's Homepage   Email David E. Nedrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are joking about making DiCaprio the "patron saint" of the Grandview Theatre. Our last good movie was SHUTTER ISLAND. If he can give me one of these every 6-8 months, I'd be happy as a clam.

It's also bringing in a LOT of people who have never been to this theatre before, so they get to see the size of the auditorium, the alcohol (drinkable kind), the food menu (pizza, subs, etc.) The same thing occurred with the World Cup. Now, we're seeing the World Cup people showing up for INCEPTION.

We also just started running ads on cable TV, so we'll see if that generates any response. We definitely saw an increase in our web traffic after the ads started running.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-06-2010 09:50 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was an article sent to me by NATO (from some newspaper) saying how Inception is "opening a lot of eyes" in Hollywood and letting them know that a non-sequel, non cartoon, non-superhero original movie CAN be a hit in the summertime. So hopefully it will start a trend and hopefully people will support any good movies that result. Otherwise it'll be the same old dreck.

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2010 04:02 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or the yahoos in suits will examine the movie too closely and in about 18 months several similar movies based on the superficial aspects of Inception will flood the market...

Tony Ratcliff
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2010 09:45 PM      Profile for Tony Ratcliff   Email Tony Ratcliff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And it's NOT in 3D.
I thought people didn't want to watch non-3D movies anymore. [Razz]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: