Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Old Posters? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Old Posters?
Cameron Andrews
Film Handler

- posted 04-05-2010 10:28 PM      Profile for Cameron Andrews   Email Cameron Andrews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What does everyone do with old posters? I've been told we are supposed to throw them away, but I don't know. Since taking over, I haven't had the heart to throw them away and I'm getting quite the stock pile. Any suggestions?

|  IP: Logged

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 04-05-2010 11:27 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have any for Ponyo from last summer, you can send them towards me. Seriously. [Smile]

I've seen some places offer up unwanted extras to customers, or to staff members. Throwing them away does seem like such a waste.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 04-06-2010 01:07 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True, major "eBone" fodder!

And to echo what Paul above mentions: some theatre operators will put all the old posters in a large box, put a label on it with "FREE" and put it in the lobby for the patrons to have fun with it ... or even let staff have first dibs before putting them out.

-Monte

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2010 01:35 AM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have given them to non-profit organizations to sell or auction to raise funds. Technically the distributors still own them but I have never received any instructions regarding what to do with them.

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2010 09:16 AM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Monte L Fullmer
some theatre operators will put all the old posters in a large box, put a label on it with "FREE" and put it in the lobby for the patrons to have fun with it ... or even let staff have first dibs before putting them out.

I do that about twice a year. The huge "BUS SHELTER" sized posters get offered to my kids first, the employees second. Regular sized "ONE SHEETS" get rummaged through by the employees first, then get rolled individually and placed vertically in a box in the corner of the lobby. What happens to them after that is not up to me. [Roll Eyes]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-06-2010 09:28 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We constantly get asked for posters. I always tell people that they can come in on the last night the film runs and ask for them. Hardly anyone ever remembers to show up.

I save quite a few posters....why, I have no idea.

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2010 09:37 AM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Monte L Fullmer was the last to post
old posters
Usually they die or get banned from Film-Tech:p

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2010 10:02 AM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
True, major "eBone" fodder!
Tried selling a few posters on eBay a few years ago to raise money for a slush fund (for employee parties etc) and several my auctions were promptly shut down by Sony, Disney, and WB.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 04-06-2010 12:05 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..and prob those studios do the same with the trailers we see that pops up on eBay as well ...

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 04-06-2010 03:30 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is eBone easier to type than eBay? Or does it carry with it some element of humor that is escaping me?

Jack Theakston
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2010 10:41 AM      Profile for Jack Theakston   Email Jack Theakston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Depending on who you work for, you might consider working your left-over posters into a raffle contest and announce the winners on whatever one of your down times are. You'll be drawing people in and possibly get an extra ticket sale out of it.

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 04-07-2010 10:50 AM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Richard Hamilton
Usually they die or get banned from Film-Tech:p

HEY! [Mad] [Razz]

Jeremy Jorgenson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2010 01:10 PM      Profile for Jeremy Jorgenson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeremy Jorgenson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Cameron Andrews
What does everyone do with old posters?
I don't know what everyone does, but the posters that haven't been snatched up by employees (or customers if you allow that) can serve as unique gift-wrapping paper.

Jarret Chessell
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2010 11:04 PM      Profile for Jarret Chessell   Email Jarret Chessell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They make good drop clothes for painting or taking apart oily messy stuff. I do like the wrapping paper idea. You could probably also use them as crazy carpets.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 04-08-2010 07:11 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have some "Ghost Dad" posters if anyone wants them.

[uhoh]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: